Back 2 Basics

Morgan POV
Mama, August and I, are currently on the plane headed back to NOLA, where it all began... it's bittersweet, Mel has been on my mind heavy since I found out I was pregnant . Sitting in first class wit August and mama, I couldn't stop fidgeting in my seat, I always had small anxiety when it came to coming home.
We were sitting in a comfortable silence, when mama decided to break it.
" So,Morgan... Aug tells me you guys worked everything out, what made you change your mind? "
"Yeah, I realized that I need to cherish the moments I have left with him, and not dwelling on the past anymore. And plus, he's my little brother, he always gets on my nerves, but us Alsina - Labranch kids gotta stick together. "
"I'm proud of you two, but I've been keeping a something from you two.... and I didn't know that he'd be to visit the same time we'd be coming, but...... there is a brother between you and Mel."
"Huh, wait a minute slow down... run that by me again."
" So what is he an Alsina too?"
" no, he's a Labranch like Mel, I had him a year after I had Mel, his name is Travis."
"Hol up hol up, so we got a brother we ain't kno nuttin about til today?, wea this nigga been?, can't call nobody or nuttin? Wea his ass was at when Mel died?"
"Aug, hear ma out, maybe she sent him to stay wit Nana nem, she was struggling with 3 kids, who knows where we would have been with 4 of us."
" Naw na, fuck alldat, since when we keepin secrets? This don't make no sense! , this white folk shit, separated at birth n shit, don't even know this nigga, and aint nobody wana tell Mo and me?!, foul ass shit mayne. .. this shit foul, if this "Travis " nigga got a cell phone, somebody gon die, this nigga can Google his fuckin last name and EVERYTHING about me OR Morgan will pop up, but this nigga is as clueless as we is. Yall foul as fuck man."
August was fuming, to be honest I don't blame him either, but me being early in my pregnancy, I can't stress too much or I could miscarry.... for now I'll be the calm one..... that is until I passed the 1st trimester.

After all that hit the fan, the rest of the flight was silent, the drive to Nana's house was silent. We pull into the driveway.... the whole family was here. I really don't want to be around any of them, hell too many damn secrets.
We make it inside the house,
" AUGUST, MORGAN, SHELIA" my nana shouted over everyone.

After hugging everybody, I was chillin with Nana. August soon came and layed his head on her shoulder.
" awww, my two grandbabies, I missed y'all. "
"You mean 3?"

She damn near chocked on her teeth.
" She told yall?"
"Yeah Nana, wea this nigga been? "
" Is he here?"
"I think he's outside talking to your cousins..."
"What this nigga look like?"
She popped Aug on the neck.
"Say nigga again, you not too old to be across this knee boy!"
" So, what he look like ?"
"Go outside, you'll know it's him when you see him."
"What the fu-"
"Boy I wish you would finish that sentence!, now go."

So August and I, walk outside.... I look around for a couple minutes, my eyes landed on him. Just like Nana said, he looked just like Mel. August late ass comes out all late,
"Mo, you find him? Wea his ass at?!"
I turn his head in the direction I was lookin.
" Oh shit, that's him?!"
" Yeah stupid!,who he look like?!"
He mushed my head "Tell him to come over here"
"Nigga you scared to do it?"
"Ian scared of shit, you older tho."
"Fuck you, aye... umm Travis lemme holla at you for a second."

He walks over to us, the closer he got, the resemblance of him and Mel was clearer.
" Wassup?, I know y'all? "
" uhh, yeah you should... older brother."
He looked at me for a couple seconds.
"Morgan?"
"In the flesh... this August"
Aug gave him a head nod, he got a attitude.
"So Travis, how is it you know me, but not August, and why is this the first time we've heard of you.?"
"Long story......"
"We got time, bruh."
" Anyways,y'all never really seen me, I stayed with Nana til I was 14, I ran away, was living on the street for a couple days. I got back in contact with momz, that was right around the time Morgan was graduating high school. Momz was stil struggling, so I couldn't stay with her. I shacked up with a few females til I got on my feet. Got myself together, I heard from Nana about Morgan graduating college, I was there, probably didn't recognize me but I was there... August you were too young to remember me, that's probably why you lookin at me funny."
"Wait, so where were you when Mel died? "
"That's when I was on the streets, I had no way of getting in contact with anyone.."
"So, bruh why it take you 4 years to holla at us?!, why mama have to tell us, if you remembered Morgan, why you ain't ask Nana, hell or even Google her ass?"
" You think I wasn't keeping tabs on yall?, Morgan is engaged to Bow Wow, pregnant... and got a couple businesses, YOU, recently got into some shit in Washington, oh yeah not to mention y'all squashed y'all beef from 4 years ago recently."
"How?, how you know I'm pregnant? , Aug and Shad are the only ones who know."
"I'm your older brother.... I know alot."
"Bullshit, could have Google all that shit. Why you ain't never try and contact us?"
"What I'm supposed to do? , y'all are successful, what I look like popping up put the blue?"
"A good fuckin brother!, so what, successful or not we still the same Morgan and August, where were you when Aug and I needed you?, at each others throats. We knew nothing about you, until today, and you've known us for how long?!, and not said anything? !, for someone to look just like Mel, you act nothing like him. Labranch - Alsina kids supposed to sick together . Thanks for leavin our asses hanging man."

August just shook his head and walked away. This is too much, like a bad episode of Maury  or some shit.