The New Eden Conflict: Chapter One - Part One

Humanity's ascent to the stars began not as a leap but as a painstaking climb fueled by the ingenuity and ambition rooted deeply in its collective spirit. The origins of this monumental journey trace back to the early 20th century, grounded in the aftermath of World War I, where the first conceptual seeds of rocketry were sown. Visionaries like Konstantin Tsiolkovsky proposed the audacious idea of space travel via rocket—a notion that gradually took hold over the decades.

By the mid-20th century, these theoretical underpinnings began to materialize through engineering marvels such as the V-2 rocket, which marked the first human-made object to breach the boundary of space. This era of experimentation laid the groundwork for the space race between the United States and the Soviet Union, culminating in 1969 when humans first set foot on the moon. This epochal event was broadcast globally, imprinting a vision of boundless possibility onto the consciousness of Humanity.

In the decades that followed, space exploration evolved from competitive ventures to collaborative efforts among nations. The shuttle program epitomized this shift, serving as a workhorse for both scientific research and international cooperation. The establishment of permanent outposts on the moon and, later, the first manned missions to Mars marked Humanity's transition from sojourners to settlers of the cosmos.

As the 21st century progressed, technological advancements and geopolitical shifts led to the colonization of the solar system. Mars and the moon became hubs of human activity; bases were established, and industries developed to exploit local resources. Beyond these near-Earth objects, ambitious projects were conceived to terraform and settle more distant bodies such as Venus and the moons of Jupiter and Saturn.

In the latter half of the 20th century, alongside these monumental missions, Humanity launched itself into the cosmos, propelled by the explosive engines of rockets. These engines were born from the dual pressures of the ambitions and fears stoked by the World War and Cold War eras. The space race, initially a head-to-head technological showcase between superpowers, led to the iconic moment when the first human footprints were imprinted on the lunar surface.

This achievement was not just a victory in a geopolitical contest but also a promise of the potential for human life beyond Earth. It set a precedent that space was not merely a frontier for nationalistic rivalry but a communal space for human advancement.

Beginning of Entry...

StarDate: Redacted

Perspective: War Commander Kruak

Species: Vodroks, Reptilian Species, no tail

Description: 6 feet 2 inches [1.87 meters] to 7 feet 9 inches [2.3 meters] average height. 295 lbs [134 kilograms] average weight.

Longevity: 150 to 300-year life expectancy.

Unique Trait: War Culture and Intellectual Pragmatic Outlook.

Vessel: VDS Kel'Than (Vodrok Claw)

Location: Uncharted Region

Standing at the epicenter of command, with the tactical war table spread out before him and the expanse of a newly conquered system visible through the bridge's expansive viewing panels, War Commander Kruak felt a sense of grim satisfaction. He gazed out at the system, noting that the battle had proceeded even more smoothly than he had anticipated. It was evident that the alien inhabitants had no effective defense in place—not even a militia fleet or vanguard to protect them. The sight was pitiful but served as a harsh reminder of the grim truth that most sentient species were no match for their empire. This reality underscored the stark nature of interstellar conquests.

Nevertheless, Kruak was unwavering in his determination to complete the conquest. The directives from both the War Council and the High Council had issued orders to expand their dominion and advance further into this uncharted region of space, which was only vaguely documented on unreliable ancient maps. There, at the heart of it all, Kruak prepared to lead the charge into the unknown, driven by a mix of duty and unyielded determination.