{Prologue}

The world is all the same. Everywhere I go. I've seen it. Nothing surprises me anymore. Everyone following the latest trends, little girls wanting to grow up quick, bleeding their parents dry. No rights to abortion, how shameful. War. Human testing. And the biggest one, suicide. Suicide rates have gone up at least 36% the past year, me almost a part of it. Theres many new buildings, stores, and facilities now because of the many changes. One specific facility that always catches the eye to the public. Those who are desperate.. Theres flyers everywhere. Advertised on the news, online media, bus stops, light posts, even schools. It's called E.X. Facility. The one in my town is number three. The flyers promote being able to "cure" those who want to commit. Treating depression as if it's a virus spreading like wild fire.. despite how public their website is, the flyers, and being smacked in the middle of town, it's very quiet. It looks like a factory, despite the big title on headway. The parking lot is rarely full, like even that staff is living there. Not only that, but I've seen people enter. Months, maybe a few weeks later, they'll be on the news, either dead, or reported missing and a danger, locking down the town. This place opened 7 years ago, on July 3rd. People flocked like birds to seed, desperately seeking a cure for their own despair, or just strangely never seen again once they volunteered to be there, I know they're hiding something. Anyone who speaks about the deaths and their friends and family never returning home gets hassled, and later their posts or statements are proven wrong and deleted. Odd. So. The world is constantly changing, but it's always the same. My name is Ambrosia. I am 17, and I am an observer. Not that I picked that title, they just applied it. Today, I stand fresh out of the Psychiatric Hospital in Lighton, waiting for the bus to take me back to Loakwood, back home, after two long years.

(343w)