20 - light blush

My feet were dangling off the creaking wooden porch as I stared up at the sunny and excitedly beaming sun

My feet were dangling off the creaking wooden porch as I stared up at the sunny and excitedly beaming sun. Birds chirping, trees shuffling, and squirrels squeaking.

I squinted my eyes at the strong sunlight and gritted my teeth softly, "You look funny." Declan snickered from beside me and cupped his mouth.

I rolled my eyes and smacked his arm, "Oh shut up." I groaned and flopped down on my back, my eyes trailing to Declan and he was already watching me with a smile on his face.

I raised a brow and smiled back awkwardly, ever since that incident happened yesterday, I was not acting normal.

I was on a rollercoaster of emotions.

"The bartender called me and asked about you. He said you weren't answering any of his calls." Declan recalled how many times the bartender called him asking about him.

"And, you were basically ignoring me too." Declan pointed out, a finger stuck up in the air as he watched my face.

"I was basically ignoring everyone, not just you, you know." I rolled my eyes, pulling out my phone to see how many missed calls or texts.

"Why?" Declan asked after a while of silence, I tensed up, my hands gripping my phone as I tried to come up with an excuse.

"Exams, you know?" I let out an awkward laugh, flailing my hand around as Declan stared at me dumbfounded.

He rolled his eyes and leaned back against the swinging bench, I pulled my phone out to check my messages, and there was too much.

Unknown: why are you not answering us?

Unknown 2: angel??

Kade: Valentine, answer me.

I squinted my eyes at my still blowing up phone, "Wow, you're popular." Declan mocked as he bit into a gum and pulled it apart.

"That's not how you eat gum." I slapped the back of his head whining. He choked on his gum and spat it out before glaring at me.

He rolled his eyes once again and crossed his arms, "You're annoying and you know it." He scoffed and pulled out a cigarette which I slapped from his hands and wiggled my finger in front of his face.

He rolled his eyes and chewed into the gum once again, "I'm mature unlike you. I feel bad for who's gonna marry you seriously." He sighed and rubbed his forehead with his palm.

I furrowed my eyebrows and crossed my arms, "That's offensive, shut up." I huffed and looked away angrily.

He also looked away and rolled his eyes before his eyes lit up, "Bitch! I forgot to tell you!" He gasped and turned to me.

I raised the middle finger slowly, a small smirk playing on my lips as I raised a brow, "What's up, cunt?" I remarked and he slowly put my middle finger down, disbelief all over his face.