#4 Starshifter VS Aerial

Fang POV
"Ok, time to find the next Kyra," I told the Kyras, pulling out the Guardian's Compass. "Wait a second. There are two Kyras detected together in the jungles of Indonesia, and yet another one not too far away."

"What?" Luca murmured worriedly. "That means there are three villains to face?"

"No. Here's the thing. The two Kyras closest together have released a positive aura. Which means the Kyras are being used for good. Only the third one is negative," I revealed. "I need to check this out for myself."

"Super Bolt!" I commanded, hitching a ride on a beam of lightning to go to the Indonesian jungle. Soon enough, I was in the midst of yet another vast forest, surrounded by trees and vegetation.

"I swear, it's warmer here than in Golden Dragon's rainforest," I complained, picking a path through the forest and wiping the beads of sweat off my neck.

"According to my compass, it should be around here," I murmured as I trudged through the forest. "And—whoa!"

I stopped dead in my tracks, backing away from a giant ball of vines in front of me. It was hanging from seven trees, made of tightly wrapped coils of vines, where the Kyras' energy was coming from. Making sure nobody was around, I quickly used my Destruction to break the cage, hoping to find two Kyras inside.

Instead, I found two people collapsed inside, who opened their eyes the moment the cage broke open.

"Who are you?" We asked at same time.

"I'm Starshifter, the Guardian of the Kyras. And who are you? Accomplices of Voyager?" I demanded.

The female laughed darkly, "More like the exact opposite. We're her enemies, because we became double agents under the previous Guardian's order, and stole these two Miraculous. After that, we began trying to recover the Miraculous of Replication from her. Then, its holder, a villain named Aerial, captured us and trapped us in this cage. We've been stuck here ever since. I'm Vikana, by the way. And he's Lodestar."

Wait. That story was too familiar. "Which Guardian are you talking about?" I asked, suspicion already in my mind.

"The previous guardian, Astro," Lodestar answered.

I laughed and said, "Luca, Vexine, Tori, divide!"

"Astro?" Vikana gasped, "It's you!"

"Yeah, with some new powers," I agreed. "Nice to see you succeeded, Penny. You too, P."

"Can't believe you're finally here," Lodestar hugged me. "We need your help to fight this villain, man. He's too powerful, and without your luck, it's gonna be impossible."

"Well...where even is he?" I asked.

A low rumble shook the forest.

"Looks like you've gotten your answer," Vikana noted. "He can sense everything that happens in the forest, so he must have felt you free us."

I nervously questioned, "What are his powers?"

"Well, he can control earth and air," Vikana began.

"That doesn't seemed too bad," I relaxed.

"And he can endlessly duplicate," Lodestar added.

"Okay, now that's crazy." I worried. "We need help. Creation, Lucky Charms!"

"Classic!" Vikana giggled as a flashlight and a crossbow dropped into my arms. "Your Lucky Charms are always so illogical yet so intelligent at the same time."

"Yeah. Except I've no idea what to do with this," I grumbled.

"He's coming," Lodestar warned. The trees around us were all vibrating and reaching towards us, as if possessed. "We're going to need help."

"Go forth, avinia, and find us help!" He let an opal butterfly flutter towards a nearby bird, which squawked as it morphed into a tall yellow creature.

A blue, gun-wielding man appeared from Vikana's golden talon, peering around us.

"Ok...I need to find out what to do with this." I murmured as I stared at the flashlight and crossbow.

"What are you doing here?" A powerful voice growled as all the trees near us collapsed into dust, revealing at least a hundred figures glaring at us from everywhere.

"Aerial..." Vikana whispered. "Run!"

We leaped onto the giant bird's back, which took off just as a powerful tornado enveloped the clearing and vines snaked towards us.

The Aerials blasted into the air, having conjured wings out of air. They flew towards us, shooting deadly bolts towards us.

"That was close," I breathed as a spiked vine soaked past my ear, nearly clipping it off. The Vika, Rifon, was busy shooting shots at all of them. A few of them plummeted down, hit, but the rest continued to advance.

"We need a more powerful one," Vikana muttered. This time, some sort of anime character appeared, throwing a powerful blue blast at them that send them spiralling backwards. But the duplicates just continued to multiply until there were too many to count, all chasing after us.

"Duck!" Lodestar shouted as seven vines wrapped around our giant bird, tying it up. We quickly fled, jumping down from the sky. I transformed into a giant eagle to catch us as Vikana's creation continued to battle and Lodestar took back his avinia.

"Ok, I think I know what to do." I said as I glanced at the advancing horde of villains. "The original one has to be somewhere in the pack, so if I distract him, all the other versions will disappear."

"But how?" Vikana asked. I quickly explained the plan to her, and she pulled another talon out, creating a protective Vika this time.

"Phoenix!" I commanded, transforming into the majestic fiery bird. Shielder wrapped himself around me, creating a protective bubble that was almost unbreakable. Just as I reached the first row of Aerials, I shone the flashlights into their eyes. They all flailed to cover their eyes from the blinding light, and when the last one did so, all the duplicates disappeared with him. It had to be the original copy.

As he fell, I aimed my crossbow towards him, soaring down. Then, I held my breath as I led the arrow fly, only releasing it when the arrow perfectly snagged him onto the nearest tree.

"Gotcha!" I pumped my fist into the air.

Lodestar and Vikana were searching him for Toppo as I descended from the air. Finally, they pulled him away in triumph, letting him fly to me. "Guardian!" He cheered excitedly.

"Nice to have you back, Toppo. We're gonna save the rest of your friends soon," I told him.

"Great job, guys!" I said to my teammates, "Now, we have another mission. We're heading to Alaska!"