Uneasy

🛑TW: SEXUAL ASSAULT🛑

Genevieves POV:

I open my eyes from my 4 hours of rest. I was exhausted. I couldnt even think of a reason I stayed up so late, I just could not fall asleep no matter how hard I tried. I lifted my covers and sat up on my bed. I get punched by the thought of going to school. That is why I couldnt fall asleep. I wanted to avoid anything related to class for as long as possible. If there was a contest of who can make the most mistakes in one day, I would win it.

I shuffled my feet to my wardobe as slow as a snail. I grab the first dress my hands get to and fling it onto my bed. I brush my teeth and splash my face with cold water. By this time, I've forgot that I'm getting ready for school, so Im moving at a decent pace. I pick up the dress that I chose without thinking, hold it up in front of me, and cringe. This is the ugliest dress I have ever seen. I scury back to my closet and actually put some thought into what im wearing today. "Better." I say to myself, with one hand on my hip and the other holding the dress up.

I nod my head in approval of my choice

I nod my head in approval of my choice. I grab my comb and brush my hair. I stand in front of my mirror for a moment and smile at myself. I think its finally time to wear my purfume I got from my grandmother. She said to wear it when I need it. I do need it! It might give me good luck. And besides, even if it doesn't, it can boost my confidence in knowing that I dont smell like a skunk.

I go downstairs and sit at the table for breakfast. Mom and Dad are already waiting at the table for me. Mom sniffs the air towards me and says "You are smelling nice today Genevieve! Did you use the purfume Grandmother bought you?"

I nod my head "Yes. It smells very nice. Did I put too much on?" Im worried that the scent is too strong.

Dad raises one eyebrow and leans close too me from the other side of the table, "Are you trying to impress someone? Was I correct about the boy magnet thing?"

I cover my face and slouch in my chair, "No! None of the boys in my class intrest me! They are very immature."

Mom's head tilts "Are you sure? Because a boy by the name of...Billy, right? He came up to our door last night asking to see you while you were asleep. I didnt want to wake you up, so I turned him away. I appologize if you wanted to speak with him."

My eyes widen and I quickly reassure them "Oh, no! Billy is just the boy I sit with. I dont know what he wanted." What did he want? Im not sure, but it doesnt matter. If its really important, then he will come up to me in school and tell me.

After making sure I feel full, I kiss them both goodbye, slip on my shoes, and grab my hat and bag. I took a deep breath of the fresh air, just like I did when I got off the train. I look at each foot as they start to take steps. It was very breezy today. The stroll was actually quite enjoyable now that I had time to look around, and no running was needed.