Inside The Neighbor's Abode

Gilbert's POV:

After walking with Genevieve to our houses, I pretended to close the door so I could watch her. She slammed the door so hard that it shook her house.

In the midst of my gaze, a voice startles me and I slam the door, "Who is that girl you are admiring?" Its Sebastian. "Is she the neighbor's daughter I was hearing about?" He stood behind me, holding baby Delphine.

I move my head up and straighten my back, "I think so." I cross my arms and turn to Bash "And I wasnt 'admiring' her. I was only making sure she made it home safe."

"That isnt what it looked like."

I pull my head back and pretend like I didnt hear what he just said, "I guess she isnt happy that we're neighbors."

Bash tilts his head, "And why is that?"

I sigh and start walking to the kitchen, talking slow steps, "We just had a rough start."

Bash doesnt say anything after this, but I could already tell that he wanted to say something.

***

After finishing dinner, I head up to my room to study. I look out my window and see Genevieve dancing in her room. "Strange girl." I say in my head. I find myself getting distracted by her. Finally I can focus because she goes out of her room to change into her nightgown.

Not too long after, I see her come back. I cant help but stare at how adorable she looks. She waited on her bed for her parents, then she kissed them goodnight. she blew out her candle and fell asleep. That is probably the calmest I have ever seen her, when she's sleeping. So much for studying. I spent half an hour just looking at her through my window.

I figure that its probably time to get myself in bed too. I cant believe myself. I was tossing and turning all night thinking about Genevieve. Maybe I had just never been able to look at her long enough to notice how cute she is.