New day

I dont think I've ever jumped out of bed that fast before in my life. I was really looking forward to learning. Not just about my subjects, but about the people I will be spending the rest of my childhood with. I was crossing my fingers in hopes that the teacher would be as nice as my old one. Maybe even better!

I usually put my hair in a tight bun, but since im going into a new location, I can change my hairstyle. After much thinking, I decided that I would have my hair down to show off my beautiful waves.

My hair went halfway down my back and made loose curls at the ends. All of my friends believed that I curled them the night before, no matter how much I insisted that I didnt. I had light brown hair with natrual blonde highlights. As you can probably tell, my hair is the main sorce of my confidence.

I slip on my new green dress that I got yesterday. It fits perfectly! I couldnt resist looking in the mirror.
I start twirl and dance in my new dress.
"This will be a great day! I can feel it"

I whisper to myself "Its such a pretty dress!" The way the skirt flowed was like the waves of the sea

I whisper to myself "Its such a pretty dress!" The way the skirt flowed was like the waves of the sea. New dresses make me so happy.

All of my old dresses got burnt to ashes in the fire. Oh! How sad that made me! But Mother assured me that she would buy me new ones that fit better. My hat, gloves, and shoes were in perfect condition, but she purchased me new ones anyways.

We never struggled with money, at least I dont think we did. We arent rich, but we arent poor. Dad always says, 'we are comfortable'. Im surprised we arent poor because of how much shopping Mom does. Whenever she goes out to the city, I can see Dad start to sweat. I dont blame him though. Mom always comes back with her arms full of clothing. I would be nervous too if I didn't get anything. But, half the things she buys are for me.

My hand snatches my hat from the door handle which has been there since yesterday. I pace down the stairs and stood next to my dad. I brushed my fingers through my hair in hopes that they would notice it.

Dad cleared his throat and said "Are you trying to make me notice your hair? I can compliment it if you want."

My cheeks turn red and a surge of embarrassment runs down my spine.

I respond with "Oh, uh, sure!" I pose with a smile on my face, awaiting the praise.

Dad kept his word, and started by saying "Your hair is like the most expensive silk" he added onto it with "Your beautiful locs flow in the breeze as gracefully as the seeds of a dandelion." Dad was saying these compliments jokingly of course.

His face finally relaxes into a soft smile and he assures me, "But really, you look beautiful. You are going to be a magnet to boys." He looks at me and waits for my reaction.

"What!! Dad stop!" I haven't laughed that hard in weeks. Dads laugh is as deep as thunder. He holds his stomach because of how strong it is. He is usually the one to make me laugh.
I'm proud to have him as my father.