Red Wine

The party raged inside, and I was seated outside. I looked at the mansion, in all it's glory. It stood tall, and it was mine. I was the only one sitting outside, but I felt as if I weren't. Sometimes people told me I shouldn't. Because of my money.

The maid walked out, carrying a trash bag. She was dressed in a.. Well, dress. It went just below her knees, and her hair was in messy curls. She stomped over to the trash can bare foot, and looking angry. She chucked the black stretched bag into the already filled can. I'd learned her name, but never really got to use it. "P..Penelope?" I said, calling it out over from the pounding music.

Penelope turned to look at me and put on that sarcastic innocent smile. "Yes, Adrian? Need me to serve your little business slaves?" She spoke like a sarcastic child.

I shook my head. "Not at all." I smiled.

Penelope let out a huff, like she was amused by that fact. She walked back in the door, being caught in the tough crowds.

Why didn't she believe me?

***

"Penelope! Get your little sorry butt down here!" I heard my mom screech in the morning. My eyes were crusted with sleep, and I had no idea what might be going on. So, like the lazy American I was, I stayed out of it. I don't want to interrupt a good show, now do I? Of course not.

"WHAT?!" Penelope's voice rang. Her room was right next to mine, and I could hear about anything going on in there.

"You missed a spot!" My mother's voice yelled back.

Now I had to get up. My sorry butt would be in deep shiz if the mess was my fault. I raised up and put on some presentable pants. Quickly, I started down the stairs and halls until I found my mom yelling. "WhTs wrong mom?" I demanded.

"That stupid servant missed a spot on my perfect windows!" She replied, pointing to a smudge on the kitchen window.

"Mom, calm down. It's a spot!" I said, sighing. "I need to get ready for school," I muttered,"Ill be late."

"Oh honey, could you drive Penelope today?"

"Of course mom...."

~

Boo! Filler chapter!