Chapter Five

You waited outside chairman Kinzan's office with Tsurugi standing silently by your side.

The silence between you two was rather awkward. Neither of you felt like speaking to the other and it was showing.

"How did you know?" It was surprisingly Tsurugi who broke the silence. The navy-haired forward looked at you like you're the scum of the Earth as he spoke. "How did you know what Shindou needed to master his Keshin?"

You hmmed. So that's what on his head. "SEEDs aren't the only ones with Keshins, you know?"

Just then, the door to the chairman's office opened and out walked Endou with an unreadable expression.

"How are you feeling, ex-coach?"

You felt like laughing at Tsurugi's stupid taunt, so you did, much to the SEED's confusion and Endou's amusement.

"Come to practice, Tsurugi." Endou flashed Tsurugi hus signature smile before nodding to you. He then walked away, expecting you to follow.

And you did.

Just like you always do.
______________________________________

Practice today was rather uneventful. Captain Shindou, Sangoku, Tenma, and Shinsuke were the only ones who attended it since Endou didn't want to force the rest of the team to practice.

They were understandably scared for their academic futures after the unplanned ending for the match yesterday.

Which brings us to here where you're walking home after school when you noticed Tsurugi walking inside of a building. Curiously, you looked at the building.

Inazuma General Hospital.

Is Tsurugi injured? Feeling the curiousity overtake your rational thinking, you followed the SEED inside.

Deciding against wandering aimlessly, you walked up to the receptionist and asked what's on your mind.

"Is there a Tsurugi Kyousuke here?"

"Yes actually. He just came in to check on Yuuichi-kun. Room number 315."

"Thank you, ma'am."

You wondered who's this Yuuichi guy. Tsurugi's father? Brother? Who knows.

It's not until you reached room 315 that you started to regret your decision to walk in here as Tsurugi exited the room the moment you arrived.

He was pushing a wheelchair in which sat a man, probably eighteen or nineteen, who looked a lot like the navy-haired SEED except his features were softer.

"What are you doing here?" Tsurugi uttered through gritted teeth as he glared up at you.

"Is he your friend, Kyousuke?" The man in the wheelchair softly asked.

"I saw you walk into here and was curious about your condition. It's my job as assistant coach to know the physical condition of the players at all times." You decided to pull out the duty card.

Cause you'd rather shamelessly pretend you're technically doing your job rather than admit that you were just curious.

"Oh, you're Kyousuke's assistant coach?" The man, whom you assumed to be Yuuichi, asked. "Pardon me, but you look young for such a job."

"It's okay, you're not exactly wrong. I got recommended by the coach himself. He's a family friend, you could say."

"I see. And how's Kyousuke during practice." You were about to reply with the truth when you noticed the navy-haired SEED glaring holes through you.

"He's fine. Tsurugi's a natural." Cause he's a SEED, you didn't add out of fear that the navy-haired forward's glare burns you head off.

Yuuichi smiled softly and nodded. "Yeah, he's always been talented. Even when we were younger.

"Well, I'm sure assistant coach [Surname] here must be really busy, Nii-san. So it's best not to waste his time any longer." Tsurugi glared at you, sending a clear message.

Yuuichi, blissfully unaware of his brother's hostility towards you, nodded and smiled at you. "Thank you for bringing me on the light on my brother's soccer practice, [Surname]. I hope we can meet again."

And with that, the navy-haired SEED pushed the wheelchair away, leaving you standing alone in the hallway.
______________________________________

You found yourself walking home alone after today's practice.

This time few things happened. The first being that Tsurugi requested, more like demanded, to be used in the next game against Mannouzaka and Endou agreed without a care.

The second was that Minamisawa quitted the club.

The last was a conversation you had with Endou after practice wad over and everyone else left.

"I'm planning on taking down Fifth Sector. If you don't wish to join me, I won't force you." Endou spoke as he looked at you.

"Why?" You spoke in a strained voice. "Why go this far?"

"To bring back soccer to those who lost sight of it." Endou smiled at you.

That's when you bumped into someone.

"Oof, I'm sorry-oh, it you, Matsukaze." The brunette in question bowed politely to you.

"I'm sorry, [Surname]-senpai."

"It's okay, I was the one who wasn't looking where he's going." And with that, you walked on your way. The brunette, however, followed behind you.

"[Surname]-senpai?"

You hmmed in acknowledgment.

"Can I ask you something?"

"You already did. Go ahead." The brunette paused for a bit before speaking in an uncharacteristically gloomy tone and expression.

"If what you want to do ends up hurting someone, what will you do?"

You considered the question for a bit before answering.

"I would try to adjust my way of thinking to avoid hurting said person. However, my want should be equally as important depending on what we're talking about." You answered the rather vague question to the best of your ability.

The first-year said nothing after that.
______________________________________

It was finally day of the match with Mannouzaka and the tensions in the team were as high as ever.

"Coach, we're going to follow Fifth Sector's decision." Kurumada spoke to Endou, Hamano, Hayami, Amagi, and Kurama nodding along. "We don't want our chance at playing soccer to be taken from us too."

"Tenma, how about you?" Endou asked the first-year, who briefly made eye contact with you.

"I thought about it. I thought and thought....and despite it all, I still want to play real soccer!" Tenma exclaimed. "But I don't want to play it by myself. It has to be with everyone. I want to play real soccer with the rest of Raimon's soccer club."

You sighed.