Chapter Seven

The match against Mannouzaka Jr. High wasn't going well so far. The score is currently 2-1 to Raimon's disadvantage, and the opponent team had three SEEDs with Keshins to boot.

"We can't rely too much on Tsurugi." You spoke in a firm tone. "Our best bet is to attack them with everyone on our side."

Shindou nodded and turned to Tenma and Shinsuke.

"Tenma, Shinsuke, stay close!" Shindou ordered. "We'll attack them all at once!"

"Okay!" The first-years nodded.

The game resumed with Raimon's kickoff, and you immediately passed the ball to Shindou as you charged towards Mannouzaka's midfield.

Seeing Mannouzaka's defense approaching, Shindou did a back pass to Shinsuke. Unexpectedly, Tsurugi stole the ball from Shinsuke and charged alone again.

"Mitsuyoshi!" Isozaki called as him and his fellow SEED joined together for defense.

The navy-haired forward tried to shake off the other two SEEDs but he was no match for them alone.

"Tsurugi, pass it over here!" You shouted, only to get marked by Mannouzaka.

Tsurugi didn't respond nor pass the ball as he kept focusing on trying to shake the Mannouzaka players off.

"Pass it over here!" Tenma shouted, only to get marked by Mannouzaka and ignored by Tsurugi.

Tsurugi became surrounded, and the ball was eventually stolen from him and passed to Isozaki.

"Do you get it now?" The Mannouzaka captain taunted. "The fact is, there is no possible way for you guys to beat us. Here's a present from us!"

Mannouzaka began ganging up on Tsurugi with violent shots hitting him rapidly. None of the Raimon players on the field could do anything as they were all marked by the Mannouzaka players who didn't take part in the beatdown.

Impressively, Tsurugi manages to stop another violent shot from Isozaki and steal the ball, and charged past the Mannouzaka players, only to get surrounded again.

Shindou managed to slip off from his mark and charged to the navy-haired forward's aid. "Over here, Tsurugi!"

"Even if you're a SEED, you can't win against eleven people all by yourself!" Shindou exclaimed.

"We feel the same way as you!" You shouted, having successfully slipped past your mark as well. "Let us help you win this!"

Swallowing his pride, Tsurugi leaped into the air to avoid a steal from Mitsuyoshi and passed to Shindou.

"Don't get the wrong idea." The navy-haired forward exclaimed. "I don't consider you to be a teammate."

"Sure." Was all the reply the Raimon captain offered. "Trainer!"

The ball was passed to you as you boldly charged into Mannouzaka's midfield. Two Mannouzaka defenders rushed to you sides and sandwiched you between them as two elephants followed their movements.

"Elephant Press!"

The ball was stolen from you and passed between Mannouzaka players as they neared Raimon's goal.

"Protect the goal no matter what!" Shindou ordered.

"Okay!"

"Give them no mercy! Score 10 or 20 if you have to!" Isozaki ordered his team. "Keep scoring until they lose all the will to stand up to us!"

The Raimon players worked together to mark Mannouzaka players, but one of them managed to slip past Raimon's defense and got the ball from Mitsuyoshi.

Stomping on the ball, he engulfed it on fire before shooting as it bounced towards the Raimon goal. "Bound Flame!"