Chapter Three

"[Name]?"

You didn't avert your attention from the soccer ball between your hands as the door to the room opened.

A hmm was all the acknowledgment you gave your mother, [Surname] Sumire.

"Breakfast's ready." Was all Sumire said before closing the door and leaving you to your own thoughts.

"Is this what you wanted to show me? Matsukaze's new Hissatsu technique?"

The man smiled at you." No, I was just as taken off-guard by it as you. I wanted to show you the faces of those who love soccer. What you lost sight of."

You didn't respond.

The trip to Raimon Jr. High was spent in silence in the car. Although awkward, you had a feeling that Endou didn't mind it too much from the smile on his face.

You got out of the car and headed straight to the soccer building with Endou to get everything ready for practice.

Predictably, you found the first-year trio there. Tenma and Shinsuke were tussling over a soccer ball while Aoi watched from the sidelines.

"Good morning, everyone!" Endou loudly greeted.

"Good morning." The first-years exclaimed with a polite bow.

"You're early." Endou stated the obvious.

"Of course, I want to help Shinsuke develop his own Hissatsu!" Tenma exclaimed and Shinsuke excitedly nodded.

"I'll work hard for it!"

"Good, because Hissatsus don't develop overnight." You pointed out.

"Oh, do you have a Hissatsu, [Surname]-senpai?" Shinsuke asked.

"Come to think of it, he didn't uses any technique to stop Tsurugi's shot." Aoi pointed out.

"Of course, he has." Endou said before you could respond. "Why don't you show them, [Surname]?"

You sighed.
______________________________________

"Our match-up for the first match for the first match in Holy Road has been decided." Endou spoke as he walked up to the screen beside you. "Raimon is up against Tengawara Jr. High."

Immediately, the clubroom became filled with whispers about how dirty Tengawara were known for playing.

"Tengawara uses a very solid defense formation." You said as you pressed on a on the tablet on your hand, showing Tengawara's formation on the screen behind Endou. "Wether it comes to shaking them from the sides, or using long passes to break through the center." You explained.

"Shindou, your judgement as Captain will be the key to this match." Endou's words caught the Raimon captain off-guard. His eyes met Tsurugi across the room, who smirked at him.

"Coach, weren't you notified of the order from Fifth Sector?" Shindou asked, and you closed your eyes and sighed.

"An order?"

"They sent an order for the first match?"

"What's the score? Shindou?"

"What is it? Who wins?"

You couldn't help but facepalm at the chaos the room devolved into, and side eyed Endou.

"2-0, Tengawara's win." Tsurugi proudly announced.

"I can't believe this."

"Hey now, we came second to the championship last year. Wouldn't it be strange to suddenly lose on the first round?"