Chapter One

You stared blankly at the sign that said 'Soccer Club'. It's hard to believe from the poor state of the shed but this is the place you've heard so much about.

This is the place where history was made ten years ago when a team of passionate young soccer players became the best in Japan before heading to the world.

The poor state of the shed acted as a reminder of the battles it had been through along with the suffering it endured at the hands of time.

"[Surname]?" You turned your attention to the man beside you, who was smiling brightly at you. "You'd be late for class."
______________________________________

Sangoku couldn't pay attention in class. All that was on his mind was the match with Eito Academy and that unexpected goal Shindou scored.

What will happen to the club now that Kudou Michiya is resigning from his duties as a coach? How will Shindou cope with it? And what can he do to help his teammates cope with the news?

"Everyone, we have a new student today. Remember to treat him well." The teacher's announcement caught the attention of the entire classroom and snapped the Raimon goalkeeper out of his depressive thoughts.

"You can come in now." At those words from the teacher, the classroom door slide open and in you walked with calculated steps. "Introduce yourself."

"Hello, I'm [Surname] [Name]. I hope we can have a good year." You bowed politely.

"Good to have you, [Surname]-kun. You can take a seat next to Sangoku-kun." Sangoku raised his hand upon hearing the teacher call his name, alluding you to his identity.

He offered you a smile that you answered with a polite nod as you took a seat to his left.

Never once have you smiled.
______________________________________

The soccer club was in shambles during practice, and for good reasons too. Their coach resigned and their captain didn't show up for practice.

They discussed the possibility of a new coach and the only thing that was made apparent is that it's going to be some person from Fifth Sector, much to their dismay.

"So it's gonna to be the same no matter who comes, isn't it?" A fact they'll feared but had long since accepted.

"That's not true!"

All the players, the managers, and even Tsurugi turned to the source of the new voice in surprise.

And lo and behold, Endou Mamoru himself walked down the stairs into the field with you following in tow.

He stopped right in front of the team and flashed his signature smile as counselor Otonashi approached him.

"It's been a long time."

"Who're they?" Midori asked what's on everyone's mind at the moment.

Although Sangoku, Kurumada, Amagi, and Minamisawa already knew who you are, they didn't know who the man standing beside you are or what's his relation to you.

"Is this everyone?" The man asked.

"No, the captain is absent." Answered Kirino in a bitter tone.

"Okay. I'm Raimon soccer club's coach starting from today, Endou Mamoru."

This shocked everyone at the scene, Tsurugi included. Endou Mamoru? The legendary goalkeeper? The captain who led Inazuma Japan into becoming number one in the world? Coaching at Raimon?

"And this is my assistant, [Surname] [Name]." You bowed politely, expressionless. "We look forward to working with you all."

"Seriously?"