Treech has been working hard the entire time and has just left the phase of making final sketches and started carving. It's supposed to be a wood carving with a floral pattern since his sister loves those more than anything, and June can tell that he's incredibly focused. His brows are furrowed, and his jaw is slightly clenched, but whenever he lifts his head to take a short break, she can tell that he's content right where he is.

And to her, after everything, that's really all that matters.

After an hour or so, June hears the chair being pushed away from the table, and she looks over. She has been sitting on the couch for a while now, Cherry nestled against her and all, and she winces when the chair scrapes over the floorboards.

Treech makes a face as well, warily looking over, but heaves a relieved sigh when his niece doesn't stir. He pushes himself up and quietly moves to the sink, scrubbing away at his hands. Gently, not frantically.

"Are you taking a break?" June's voice is quiet over the running water, but Treech gives her a little grin and nod.

He turns off the water and wipes his hands clean on a kitchen towel. "Yeah, feels like my fingers are about to fall off," he half-jokes, carrying himself over to the couch. He sits down slowly, but the worn-down couch creaks beneath their shared weight anyway.

"Still asleep, huh?" He says more to himself, running a hand through his niece's frizzy curls. "You wanna give her to me? Your arms must be getting sore."

She looks at him in slight surprise, but then nods. With gentle care, she hands the little girl over to her uncle and smiles at the way Treech tucks her against him. At this point, she knows for sure that he's a natural at taking care of children, but it still makes her feel all warm inside. To know that he trusts himself enough to cradle a little girl in his arms is bittersweet.

June leans against his shoulder with a small sigh escaping her, although she can't help but smile when he kisses the side of her head. She wraps her arms around one of his and lifts her legs off the ground, choosing to curl up next to him instead. Truthfully, she's not even sure why she's tired. Cherry is an angel, but she's also not as used to taking care of someone so young as she once was.

"Sleepy?" Treech muses and laughs when he receives a soft hum in response. "I get it. But you did good; I can tell that she likes you."

"I hope so," June responds quietly and lifts her head to gaze at the little girl's sleeping face. Her chubby fingers are latching onto her uncle, and she has to stifle a laugh when she realizes just how much of a death grip she has on him. But still, he handles her with gentle care.

"You're good with kids," she mumbles appreciatively.

"'Cause I've got a lot of siblings," he reminds her, his voice carrying an amused undertone. Something about her words sets something inside of him alight, though, and in the best way possible, he feels his affection for her surge. "And I think you're a natural. Cherry's not good with strangers, but she warmed up to you quickly. I'm sure she knows you're family now too."

June lets out a quiet laugh, but feels a comfortable warmth spreading in her chest at his words anyway. Family. The knowledge that they've all accepted her so quickly fills her with hope for the future, yet it makes her miss her own siblings more than anything. She knows they'd love it here.

Treech takes note of her content silence and smiles. He runs a finger over Cherry's soft cheek and can't help but sigh, a slight longing stirring within him. "Kinda makes me think, though. I used to want kids, I think..." He mumbles. "Now I'm not so sure anymore."

She hums. "Well, you're still young," she replies in the same quiet voice that's barely above a whisper. She offers him a tired smile when he looks over at her with a curious expression on his face. "You just turned nineteen, Treech. There's plenty of time to heal. And besides, even if you don't want to..."