Chapter 2

Once I got comfortable and returned, all the family members were discussing something. I could feel a pit growing in my stomach. It kept growing as i settled near Rishi .

" How was the day , bacche (kiddo)?"
" It was good dad. I am currently working in an upcoming project with sesh wears"
"Ohh , the just launched and trending shoe brand??"
"Yes , dad. They have some well made and delicate works "
" They do?? Great"

The silence started consuming the surroundings, which kept growing as the clock needle moved . I could feel all the gazes on me .
" Everything's good??"
"Umm , there was something to discuss. Not me though , it was mom and dad "
Rishi replied with slight nervousness. My gaze travelled to mom , who was sitting across me with pankaj .
" Gudiya, we want you to get married"
"Pardon??" I questioned, whether what I heard was right .
" We have a Suitor for you from a prestigious family. He is the only son of malara family . Quite a marvelous man and seemed the right fit with you ."
" Bacche , he is from a very reputed family " Dad interrupted mom , knowing my hesitation and nerves.
" You okay?? Don't use too much of your brain it's already small and present in your knees."
"You piece of sh-"
" Language roohi and pankaj you need to realise it's actually serious. We understand it's sudden but we wanted to talk about it to you " Rishi replied, trying his best to maintain the environment that's already been ruined.

" How many days??"
"Huh?"
" When was this ?? From how many days have you been plotting this conspiracy??"
" 1 week . They kept delaying , took days to gather up the courage it seems ." Aarthav replied passing an envelope.
" No , I am not marrying someone I don't know , what about my happiness, choice or love ??"
"What love?? Your love life never existed in the first place "
" You realise-"
" Middle school crush doesn't count, especially when it lasted for 2 weeks. "

I was near the edge in loosing my patience with my own brother, how i wish the butter knife present in the coffee table was sharp enough to slit his throat . The best option is to leave before my actions and words go beyond my ethics . I left the space .
" Roohi wait-"
" Let me talk to her " i could hear dad's voice along with mom .

Few minutes later , a knock was heard in my work room .
" Get in please"
Mom and dad entered, " Bacche, i understand your concern but -"
" But what dad , what exactly?? Why is this discussion suddenly arising?? I had already informed you that I won't get married before 25 "
" Guddiya , it's because we need to co - operate the buisness with Malara family to survive in the market competition. We are not that old of a business. Malaras have been doing this from years . Buisness and money flows in their succession . Along with that Rajiv and Radhika ji believes you to be fit for the role of their daughter in law . We have already gave our words to them and about your age you are about to be 25 in a month"
" I haven't even met the men and you have vowed them ??"
" You can meet him in a month on your birthday party"
" Your dad and me have decided to host a huge party in the big day of your birthday to all the business partners and Malaras aswell "
" Great , just great . You have been working mush harder than you used to on your early 30 's "
Dad giggled , " There's a reason we survived in the buisness of cheats , bacche "
"Sure"
" We should leave there's alot to plan "
" Hmm". They left leaving me alone with emotions hard to decipher .

There was another knock few minutes later ,
" yes??"
" Wanna talk??" , yasvini entered with two cups of coffee.
" Yes please, i would love too "
" Here "
She passed a cup of coffee along with an envelope.
" What's this now ??"
"Check out for your self "

There he was , Bordeaux tuxedo in perfectly sculpted body and just the right proportion. Olive skin with hazel eyes , luscious black hairs , jaw so sharp as if would cut rivers . Small scar near eyebrow , antique gold watch in wrist . He seemed like a wolf in sheeps clothing.
'Quite a marvelous man and seemed the right fit with you ' .
Mom's voice kept ringing in my ears , the words stood well for him but that doesn't soften my heart for the situation right now .
" Give it a try , roohi "
" What if he's everything you need in a man "
" I don't even know him , what if he's abusiv-"
" Leave"
" Huh??"
" Come back to me incase he turns abusive towards you , but till then I think you should give it a chance "
I felt puzzled right now with everything  and anything. It doesn't seem right , after all these years of hard work to give life a chance with man you don't have a single idea about or his family.
" I should leave, make a wise decision . We will talk about this tomorrow morning okay , take rest "
" Okay " and she left .
" We will meet soon Mr malara . Let's see how much of a marvelous man you are , till then have a good rest in the trash can ."