💙Chapter 24💙

Start from the beginning

"Guitar lessons? I-I don't know. I don't even know why you want to learn, not like its gonna help much." We were in her dorm, as I admired all her instruments like last time I saw them.

"I think it will. My minds been... busy lately. It'd be good for me to put some energy into something that isn't hero work or anything." I sat on her bed next to her.

"Well- when you put it that way... I did say I would that time didn't I? Might as well. Consider it a thank you for helping me at the training camp." 

And my first lesson was right then.

She's been a massive help this whole time, even if she doesn't fully understand what's going on. Honestly, I don't know why I was so cold towards the girls at the start of the year, they're all some of the nicest people I've ever met.

The students from the other school, Ketsubutsu academy, were all mingling when Aizawa called out to us.

"Oi! Get your costumes on everyone, time to get to the briefing! Don't waste time."

"Yes Sensei!"

(after changing, at the briefing)

We were all changed, and in a very small boxy room with all the other schools. It was insanely crowded. Usually when it's crowded, I hold onto Shoto's sleeve so I don't get lost, I guess the habit clicked and I clung to Jirou's. 

"Are you alright?" Jirou asks, slightly concerned.

"Huh? Oh! Yeah, sorry habit.." I mumbled out and let go. I didn't notice Shoto staring at the encounter, sad.

"Looking at everyone makes me realize just how many schools there are..." I say. "It's so jarring"

Next thing you know, a very sleepy voice hushed the mumbles of the room.

"Now, for this provisional license thing... I'm Mera, from the Hero Public Safety Comission..." How captivating. I can't even lie, I forgot that was a thing.

"My favourite kinda sleep is the non REM kind... I've lost so much sleep putting this thing together.." I like this guy, he needs a Benadryl more than I do.

"Anyway, I'll give you guys the orientation."

The run down, it's all 1,540 of us in a free for all bloodbath. We're given targets that we put anywhere we want on our body, as long as it's visible. We also have a set amount of balls that will hit the target, and light it up. Once all three of our own targets have been hit, we're out. Once we defeat two people, we become one of the 100 people that pass. Yep, 100. a small fraction of us.

I place a target on my thigh, one a little above my belly button, and my shoulder. To me it didn't really matter where, as long as it wasn't my back.

"We start in one minute, after we open"

Open?

A mechanical whir caught me off guard when the walls and ceiling began to unfold, revealing to us the arena our little hunger games would be held.

There were many different areas, a vast rocky plane, a city area, an area with twisting metal pipes and buildings, so on and so forth.

"Find an area that suits you most, use your quirks well. I'm expecting this to be hasty so I can go for a nap sooner." The more he talks, the more I like him. I'll be as speedy as possible so this guy can go pass out for the next few days.

If its a first come first serve situation, then people will try to stick together, taking out other schools first.

"We should stick together!" Midoriya calls out to our class. I nod in agreement.