(16) Breakfast

*

I entered the dining hall without saying a word. I sat where I sat yesterday.

Everyone looked at me, and then at the five gods who followed behind me.

"Why are you five late to breakfast?" Hera asked while they took their seats.

"We had trouble waking a certain daughter of ours." Hermes stated. I growled and glared at him.

Poseidon looked like he was trying to hide a smirk. Zeus looked back and forth between me and Hermes. Demeter raised her eyebrows and then rolled her eyes.

We sat in silence. My stomach then decided to demonstrate whale calls.

"What was that?" Hera asked.

"Katherine's stomach." Aphrodite, Poseidon, Ares, Athena, Hephaestus, and Hermes replied. I blushed.

"Well, bring in the food then!" Zeus ordered.

The harpies came in and served us the food. I had beignets and almond milk. Once again, my favorite.

"You hungry, Katherine?" Demeter asked me looking at my now half-way eaten breakfast. I nodded and smiled.

We all finished up and everyone went where they had to go. Artemis was already with the hunt. She left last night. So did Dionysus. He went back to a camp place I think.

Dad (Zeus) said I could go with whoever. I stayed with Athena. We went to her temple and hung out. I got to know her. She was pretty nice once you got past the uptight barrier.

It continued like this for the next week. I switched out parents each day. I got to hang out with Artemis and the hunt. They were really cool.

I also visited Poseidon's palace underwater. It was awesome.

I met my aunt Hestia. She was really kind to me. I loved hanging out with her. Dad said that I get to meet another parent of mine, Hades, tomorrow. He was nervous to send me to the underworld with him, but I reassured him.

I'm 18. I'm a big kid. Practically an adult now. I can handle myself. I can't wait to meet Hades.