Chapter 1: Trust Issues

It was the warmth of the breeze that kissed the sun, and hugged it to bed. There the sun slept, and the moon poured it's light on my glass marbles. And I drank it with pleasure. He glanced over to look at me. Tilting his head, he gave recognition to the reflection through my glasses. It was days like these I wanna lie to. Lie to me that it'll last forever.

These days are only found in your long-lost childhood. Lost in the metterain sea, and ever since then, I never found that treasured home, housed with forgotten memories. There was something special about today though. It was a sparkle in the sky. Damn how I wished this moment would last forever. It's hard for me to enjoy the moment, when knowing I'll soon miss it.

"It's beautiful isn't it," I whispered under my breath.
"What is," he replied with his coffee scented, rough sounded voice. It was like out of a Hollywood movie. That's how I knew it was too good to be true. It was perfect.
"The moon. It's beautiful isn't it?" I said, giving him something else to look at other than my eyes.
"They all are." He said, tilting his head up. His silky, curly hair flowed back like honey dripping. He was sweet, sweet like a spoonful of honey. How I wanted to taste him.
"All?"
"Every moon, every planet. Every curve and surface. Knowing the stars and the moons, I can die happy."
He turned to me and smiled. Not a wide smile. But a genuine one. It was full of love. The stars in the night sky couldn't have glowed more than his eyes. His smile twinkled. Too bad it was my best friend's.
But at this moment, I didn't care. I leaned in, yearning for his comfort. And a feeling only he can provide me.
"Camie.."
"Alex."
We looked into each other's eyes, no words were needed to escape from our mouths. Only the breath I held on for, waiting. Waiting so long for this exact moment.
He placed his hand on my waist and gently pulled me. My legs still dangling from the roof top. It was a view like no other. Not the city, or the rundown suburbs. He was a view to gaze upon.

I lie to myself all the time. I learned how to do that when others did it to me. I admit, that I have major trust issues. And I'm working on them. But it's hard for me to know the line between fiction and reality.
So I lie.
I lie that this moment will last forever.
It was a good one. Almost believable.

I lie that I won't end up falling for my best friend.
I lie that I don't have issues.
I lie that I have a good life.
I lie.
Even lied about this moment.
Because it's not real.
Just a dream. A lie.