Chapter 15: Clear Skies

In the middle of many busy suburban streets, where Pokémon frolicked and enjoyed their weekends, one particular Mon happened to spend his break very differently

His house, or if you could even call it a house, was a simple shack located behind another typical 2 story house, akin to Zero's. The shack was raggedy, on the verge of falling apart, and barely had any room for the Pokémon to sleep in, but he didn't mind, he normally just slept outside anyways. Inside however, were hundreds of complex, priceless and irreplaceable machinery and devices. One side of the shack was completely dotted with different tools and apparatuses, ranging from a crude saw to a necessarily complicated caliper, and on the other, shelves with numerous different contraptions, all working their intended purpose in the absolute most efficient way possible, yet shelved and left to pick up dust as if they were nothing but toys, it didn't matter how broken they were however, he could easily put them back together if he needed to. Opposite to the entrance, an orange furred Pokémon worked endlessly, his cream coloured neck floof now coated with a layer of dust and metal flakes,  his top fluff instead of standing tall and proud, now limp on forehead, his ears nervously pointed downwards, and his tail cautiously flicking back and forth. On the floor below him, hundreds of different, yet similar watch-like devices sat broken and non-functioning. Though none of them worked, each one brought him closer to the final product, each one bringing Ember ones step closer to being himself again.

The Flareon spoke to himself, voice steady and focused, and his arms and hands even more so

Ember: Kay...not bad Tirapagos...now I just need to establish a synaptic connection between the core and the Stone. After that...a straightforward recalibration procedure should get me where I was before...and after that...let's just see how many more steps I need to take before I can finally call this thing done...

Ember cleaned up his tools and held out his creation. It was a device similar to the ones sprawled and broken on the floor, only less broken and more put together. It was a watch like band, with a Mega Stone where the clock would be, connected to a multitude of different wires and electrical components. He then strapped it on his wrist, took a deep and heavy breath, before turning it on.

A blinding light then erupted from the Stone, blinding the vision of all those unfortunate enough to gaze at it for too long. Ember looked away, feeling the device sear into his very flesh, branding him. He payed no mind to it having endured much worse, and having suffered greater pain. He gritted his teeth, not through the pain, but in the hopes that this may finally be it, and perhaps it was.

He felt something deep within his psyche be pulled, uprooted from the deepest darkest corners of his mind, something evil, vengeful, so irredeemably negative, yet so undeniably true to his nature. He felt the being hold on to his mind space, it's darkened red claws claw onto the fabric of his head, desperately holding on, even if the overwhelming power of the Mega Stone was latching onto to its body like tendrils of prismatic light. Yet even with the Mega Stone, it persevered, it survived, and it thrived, grinning its savage teeth at the sight of its imminent survival.

Ember snapped back into reality, panting and tired, all while the device on his wrist sputtered, the Mega Stone cracked and drained of its power. He quickly regained his bearings and ripped it off his hand, dropping it onto the ground as smoke erupted from its damaged carcass, sparking and bent out of shape from the amount of strain it was put into trying to restrain that...thing

Ember's head sank into his arms, supported by the table. He was getting frustrated, and tired. But he knew he needed to calm down, if he didn't, who knows if he'll be able to keep the thing controlled this time.

Ember sighed, before speaking in a tired and exhausted tone

Ember: Ugh...prototype model 236...
unsuccessful...