Sensing no reply from Akshara  he frowned and looked down at her to see her eyes closed, she slept peacefully on his lap as she held on to one of his hand.

Abhimanyu  smacked his forehead and smiled

Abhimanyu : Here I thought you was listening and probably was shocked to react but no my chatterbox is busy sleeping.  No worries, tomorrow I will tell you the same thing again and I will make sure that you are wide awake and listening to me. Understood he said looking at a sleeping Akshara  and pinched her nose slightly making her stir.

Abhimanyu   got the duvet that he had kept on the side when they had come out to sit, with one hand he unwrapped it and covered Akshara  with it.
Others may think he would be uncomfortable in a sitting position with Akshara  head resting on his lap but in reality it gave him happiness and satisfaction. He lifted their intertwined hand and kissed her knuckles as his other hand caressed her hair

Placing a cushion behind him he  continued caressing Akshara  hair and soon closed his eyes to fall asleep peacefully.

The next morning

Abhimanyu’s phone suddenly started to ring startling him from sleep. He opened his eyes when the ring started to become clear and his eyes landed on a sleeping Akshara  making him instantly grab his phone and answer as it was Rohan.

After a while

Abhimanyu : ok Rohan I’ll be there soon, bye he said ending the call.

He looked at Akshara  and stroked her hair

He gently lifted her head up and moved away, sitting on his knees he scooped Akshara  up in his arm carefully praying that she doesn’t wake up.

Once reaching inside he placed her gently on the bed and covered her with a duvet and went to have a shower.

After 10 mins Abhimanyu  came out and walked to the dressing table as he brushed his hair and applied some cologne. Once grabbing his wallet, watch and phone he walked over to Akshara  and sat next to her watching her sleep peacefully.

Abhimanyu  : I had planned to tell you my feelings once you wake up but I won't be able to do that due to an emergency but I promise once I am free the first thing I plan to do is tell you..take care chatterbox your Abhimanyu  loves you very much. He said poking her cheeks slowly.

Picking up a note pad Abhimanyu  wrote a message for Akshara  so that she knows he has gone to the hospital   and also that a driver will be downstairs waiting for her.
He placed it on top of her phone and tucking a strand of hair behind her ears he got up and left.

An hour later

Akshara   had changed into her previous clothes and placed  Abhimanyu ’s clothes in the laundry basket that she wore , making sure the door is locked she left the condo with the gifts and cake and told the driver to take her to Birla mansion.

Once she reached to Birla mansion she was greeted by Mahima and manjari

Manjari: Akshara  beta you came alone?

Akshara : haan maa Abhimanyu  had to leave to go to the hospital. Maa I'll just go and keep this cake in the fridge.

Manjari: give this cake to me,  do one thing freshen up and I’ll make you breakfast quickly,  she said to which Akshara  nodded.

After some time Akshara  came down with her handbag and phone and sat down at the dining table.

Mahima: Beta what  did you and Abhimanyu  do last night ?

Akshara : He gave some gifts, cut a cake, we were  talking a bit about the past  she said and smiled recalling the time she and Abhimanyu spent which actually was special for her.