7:Drunken in love

Their car stopped in front of the hall. Leo got down and waited for Luna. She opened the gate in her side and got down too...still stumbling a bit on the pencil heels.

Leo looked down her feet. 

"First time?"

"Hmm...I usually wear sneakers."

"Then you could have worn one today too..."-he said moving towards the hall.

"But these silver heels looked better with this blue dress..."-she smiled guiltily as she held his arm to prevent herself from tripping over as she walked fast to catch up with him.

She removed her hand but he just looked at her...She looked down at her feet.

Leo extended his arm.

"Hmm?"

He took her right hand and put it on his arm.-"No husband would like their wife to create a scene in such an important place."

"Wife..."-Luna whispered as she smiled ear to ear, letting herself drawn towards the fire like a moth.

They got surrounded by people as they entered the hall...

This is your wife?...She is young?...Is she even 18?...what does she do?...from these questions to  how is your business going and then after digging the ground a bit, they start to plant the seed...can you please invest in this business? And also... what do you think of my daughter?

Luna felt irritated and suffocated, so she went to the bar section after some excuses.

"Do you have anything non-alcoholic?"

"No."

"Water?"

"Here."-the bartender gave her water in a wine glass.

She took it in her hand and tried to pretend that it was wine...luxurious and classy like a lady...like that woman in the wedding dress shop.

"How is your married life going on?"-an old woman came to her and asked.

She looked at her for some time...this was the woman who was stuffing her mouth with pastries during her wedding and looking at her husband dancing with a young woman.

"Better...than yours."-she said the last two words in her mind.

"Hmm?"

"Nothing!"-she looked away.

"Your husband loves you?"

She turned to her and then looked at Leo standing nearby talking with two men.

"Love..."

"Men are like butterflies. They will try to find a new flower after they finish the nectar of the old one...so you should bind him with your sweetness so that he won't go out to find another one"-she said side-eyeing his husband hitting on another woman.

"hmm..."

"See him...that's my husband...always cheating. So, if not love, then..."-she whispered near her ear-"You can bind him with your body."

No...not after all the excuses she gave to get out of there, she won't be here getting irritated by another woman...what? body? And are all men like her husband? She side-glanced at Leo.

"Don't worry grandma..."-she slid to Leo and held his arm.-"I will make him drown in my love so deep that he will forget how to swim!"-she said with a fake smile rotating the wine glass.

Leo took her aside.

"Are you drunk?"

Luna tip-toed to his ear-"I am drunken in your love!"-she put her foot down and smiled, this time genuinely. The old woman gave her a 'proud of you' look and went away.