Ch.23: Trial of Ramuh

Start from the beginning

A few days passed and ever since arriving at Wiz's, the weather has been less than favorable. Heavy storms have swept all throughout Lucis with roaring thunder surging throughout the sky. Prompto and the others had returned to the Chocobo ranch where they were caught up to speed. They were surprised at not only being informed that Titan was real, but that Y/n had to fight him. Yuffie was most shocked at this revelation as all throughout your young life, she always believed the gods were nothing more than fairy tales.

As the party eat their breakfast, Wiz had a radio on nearby which began to play an emergency broadcast. "High Commander Ravus Nox Fleuret issued the following statement regarding the Imperial blockades across the region." Reported the newscaster. "We believe the insurgents behind the Citadel attack have taken refuge in Duscae." Began Ravus. "The blockades shall help us root out the criminals. I realize the inconvenience imposed upon the citizenry, but we must each do our part for the good of all." "The High Commander also stressed the Imperial army would continue its recovery efforts in the Crown City."

"Wait a second." Yuffie realized what the newscaster had said. "Do people not think the Empire was behind the attack on the city?" "According to that news lady, no." Barret scoffed. "They're playing it smart." Nanaki began. "By telling people that a third party had attacked Insomnia, it keeps them calm and paints the Empire in good light." They all turned to Y/n who looked at his food, having lost his appetite. "Not like we can do anything right now."

The party remained silent for a moment until Prompto broke it. "I still can't believe it. I mean, shouldn't the car have turned up by now?" He asked impatiently. "We should wait until Cindy's done asking around the local garages before we despair." Ignis tried to calm the blonde down. "Let's not fool ourselves." Gladio sighed in defeat. "The Empire has it." "So in the meantime, we're all traveling by foot." Said Barret. "Yaayy." Yuffie sarcastically cheered.

"Y/n, isn't that Umbra?" Tifa asked as she pointed at the gray furred dog. "Yeah." Y/n rose to his feet. Umbra barked and began to run. "Come on!" Y/n waved to the party as they began to follow.

Umbra lead the party a way away from the post and in the blink of an eye, he was gone. "Where'd he go?" Aerith asked. "Whose that?" Nanaki questioned. All eyes turned to a beautiful woman who stood before them. Her eyes closed a tender smile on her face.

 Her eyes closed a tender smile on her face

"Gentiana." Y/n smiled as he approached the woman and gave her a tight hug. "It has been too long, my King." She smiled, returning the embrace. Y/n pulled away. "How have you been?" "Good." She replied simply. "Oh, right. Um, Gentiana, you remember the guys." "It is a pleasure to see you again, milady." Ignis bowed. "We're honored have your company." Gladio added with a bow as well. "Yeah. What he said." Prompot stumbled as he too bowed. Gentiana smiled at the three. "Good to see that you all remain by the King's side." "Always." Ignis responded.