Ch.22: Trial of Titan

The sun was beginning to set, Y/n and Tifa stood up from the bench and made their way over to the Leville. Inside the lobby, Jared and Talcott stood talking to Iris and Yuffie before turning to the party that had all returned. "Prince Y/n! Welcome back!" Talcott greeted happily. "Your story came to a happy end." Ignis said, making the boy gleam with joy. "We owe you Talcott." Y/n added. "You're welcome." "Guess we should call it a night, right?" Prompto asked. The party agreed.

As Y/n made his way to the stairs, his head began to ache even more than usual. He groaned and within his mind's eye, he could see the brown eye of Titan before it flashed to the meteor and finished with Titan's standing beneath it. "Not again." Y/n groaned. Tifa and Gladio help Y/n remain on his feet. "What's wrong?" Iris asked with worry. "He'll be fine. Don't worry." Gladio said, trying not to worry Iris, Talcott, and Jared. "We oughta take a closer look to this so called Disc." "The viewpoint!" Prompot remarked. "We can check it out." "Perhaps we should hold it off until tomorrow." Nanaki suggested. "Cloud isn't in the best head space at the moment, and by looking on his majesty's, he's not doing too good either." "I agree." Added Aerith. "Maybe we should just rest up for the night and we can head to the viewpoint in the morning." "What do you think, Y/n?" Asked Ignis. Y/n whinced slightly as he rubbed his head. "Yeah. Think we should call it a night." "Then we all meet back here tomorrow."

Y/n and Tifa headed to their shared room. Barret, Nanaki, and Prompto shared one while Gladio and Ignis took another. Aerith's and Yuffie's room was occupied by Cloud, so Iris offered to share hers.

Y/n exhaled deeply as he laid back on the bed. Tifa sat on the edge and began to take off her boots and thigh high socks. "How are you feeling?" Tifa asked. Y/n placed a hand on his head and massaged it. "I feel dizzy. A bit nauseous." "Do wanna lay your head on my lap?" Y/n blushed. "W-What?" Tifa began to blush as well. "You don't have to if you don't want to. I just wanted to..." Y/n sat up and patted the space on the bed next to him. Tifa made her way over and rested her back on the head frame. Y/n slowly placed his head onto Tifa's warm lap and gave a relaxed sighed as he closed his eyes. Tifa smiled and began to run her hand across his smooth h/c hair. "How does that feel?" She asked. "It's nice." Y/n slowly opened his eyes and his blurred vision focused on Tifa's beautiful red eyes. Y/n couldn't help but smile. "What is it?" Y/n shook his head. "Nothing. Just... I'm glad that you're here with me. I... I don't know how I could've managed this without you." Tifa smiled. She began to lower her head and her lips met Y/n's. Their kiss was short, but sweet. Tifa opened her eyes and met Y/n's. "I wouldn't want to be anywhere else." She said soothingly. "I love you." Y/n said as he placed his hand on Tifa's cheek. She smiled, held his hand and responded. "I love you."

Cloud woke up early the next morning. With a soft groan, he rose to his feet and placed his sword onto the magnet on the back of his shirt. He exited the room and headed towards the lobby. Exiting the Leville, he made his way over to a nearby restaurant for breakfast. "Mind if I join you?" Asked Aerith as Cloud turned to her. "You sure that's a good idea?" Aerith tilted her head. "What do you mean?" Cloud looked at his hand which shook. He balled it into a fist. "I... I don't want to hurt any of you... especially not you." "Cloud..." "Lately, I feel like I'm not myself. I pisses me off that Sephiroth can just as easily trick me and I fall for it without a second thought. Yesterday, I heard him tell me that Tifa and Y/n were fakes... and you saw what happened. I think its the degredation that's affecting me." "You are stronger than Sephiroth, Cloud." The Ex-SOLDIER was taken aback by Aerith's words. "Even if you can't feel it or much less believe it... you are." Aerith took Cloud's hand and held it tight. "I believe in you." Cloud smiled.

Cloud and Aerith were soon joined by the others who wanted a hearty breakfast before heading to the viewpoint. They needed to be well prepared for what's to come. "So we head to the viewpoint to take a look at the Disc of Cauthess, what's the plan after?" Yuffie asked. "Not sure, really." Y/n replied. "Remind me, what is it that you see?" Asked Barret. "In my vision, I keep seeing Titan standing underneath the meteor." "Could it be that maybe Titan himself wants you to go there?" Nanaki suggested. "It could be a possibility." Ignis began. "It's not unheard of for one to receive such visions from the gods." "And with you being... you know... king of Lucis, it wouldn't be surprising that they want to speak to you directly." Added Aerith. Y/n picked at his eggs with a fork, having lost his appetite. "I just hope it's something good."