Shit ~ Ch7

Previously, when Yn would think about events in her life, She would organize those events chronologically in her mind as before getting bullied and after getting bullied.

Yn don't do that anymore. Not because she have grown as a person. Quite the opposite, actually, because now she think about her life in terms of before Ryomen Sukuna and after Ryomen Sukuna. Pathetic, she know. And even more so because it's been exactly many years since they went their separate ways and she still think about him just as much as she did before Ryomen Sukuna and after Ryomen Sukuna. But it's not so easy to rid her thoughts of someone who had such an impact on her life. Yn don't wish ill on him. She never have.

But Yn would never want to be with anyone because she had to beg. She don't even want to be with anyone if there's even a remote possibility that there's a third party at play. Love should be between two people, and if it isn't, She will rather bow out than take part in the race.

Yn is not one to believe things happen for a reason, so she refuse to believe it was their fate not to end up together. If she believed that, then she have to believe it was fate of her brother to die at such a young age. She's much rather believe shit just happens.

Got bullied by your crush?
Shit happens.

Lost yourself? Shit happens.

Never gets your own parents love? Shit happens.

The last thing Yn want to believe is that her fate has already been mapped out for her and she get no say in where or who she end up with. But if that's the case and her life will turn out the same in the end, no matter what choices she make, then why does it matter if she leave her house tonight?

It doesn't. But Shoko seems to think it's a big deal.

"You can't stay here and mope," she says, plopping down the couch next to her.

"I'm not moping."

"Yes, you are."

"Am not."

"Then why won't you come out with us?"

"I don't want to be a third wheel."

"Then call Haddy."

"Hirohito," Yn correct.

"You know I can't call him Hirohito with a straight face. That name should be reserved for members of the royal family"

Yn wish shoko would get past Hirohito's name. She have been out with him several times now and shoko still brings it up every time. Shoko can see the irritation on Yn face, so shoko continues to defend herself.

"He wears pants with tiny, embroidered whales on them, Yn. And the two times I've gone out with you guys, all he does tell stories about being raised in Hiroshima. But no one in Hiroshima talks like a surfer, I can promise you that."

She's right. He talks about Hiroshima like everyone should be jealous he's from there. But besides that small quirk and pretentious choice in pants, he's one of the only guys lieber around that can take her mind off from Sukuna for more than an hour.

"If you hate him as much as you seem too, why are you inviting him out with us tonight?"

"I don't hate him," Shoko says. "I just don't like him. And I'd rather like you to come tonight with him than sit here and mope about how it's Valentine's day and you aren't spending it with anyone not even Nanami is in the party."

"That's not why I'm moping." Yn lie. "Maybe not, but at least we can both agree that you are moping." Shoko picks up her phone. "I'm texting Haddy to pick us up".