Chapter Five: I Can Fix Him (No Really, I Can)

THREE SONGS THIS CHAPTER !!

I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can) by Taylor Swift

Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy) by Big & Rich

Mama's Broken Heart by Miranda Lambert

-

Evan "Buck" Buckley
-

The nearest bar that had a mechanical bull was the Bullfrog. It was like twenty minutes away from the station and the bar is packed. 

Eddie approaches, dressed to the nine and fitting the appearance of a western guy. The cliche.

He takes off his hat and sets it on the table, "This is my kind of night. Reminds me of the bars in Texas. How drunk are we getting tonight? I have no kid to rush home to." 

I laugh at him and shake my head, "I'm swearing off getting drunk tonight."

"That's probably for the best, Buck." Maddie says as she approaches, with her, Chimney and Hen. 

"I didn't think people were going to come on such short of notice," I reply and Hen laughs. 

"Did you really think we were going to pass up seeing you ride a mechanical bull?" 

I shake my head, "I gotta take it easy though. Still recovering." 

Eddie laughs and takes a drink, "I bet I can stay on longer." 

"Fine. How about whoever can stay on the longest has to pay for the drinks tonight." Chimney laughs, "But it's just going to be us, Bobby wanted to head home to his wife." 

"That's fine, right? Who wants to go first?" I ask. I don't have much confidence in my riding abilities, especially now that I gotta take it slow. Eddie doesn't even wait for someone else to volunteer before he goes right up to the attendant. 

He mounts the bull and he grabs the rope tied at the base, gripping it tightly. Hen and Chimney go to the bar to order drinks and Maddie sits at my side at the table. 

"What's going on here? First, you treat him like shit, then you're regularly going out and drinking with him? Did you two make amends or something?" She asks and takes my beer from me, sipping straight from it without even mentioning it. 

"Sort of. We just got to talking and we get along. I'm going to show him around the city for the next few weeks, help him find the best food, the best activities to do with his kid-"

"He has a kid?" She asks, nearly spitting out her second sip of my beer. I nod. 

"He's five or something. His Mom passed. Just avoid the topic." I tell her and snatch my beer back, taking a sip. 

She nods, "Got it." 

The music begins to play louder in the bar as the bull ride starts. Some song about saving a horse. I never really was into country music, it just makes me sleepy, but this song? This song feels like it could play at a nightclub. 

He holds onto the bull tightly, laughing as it begins to violently whip him around, "I'm so next." Maddie says with a laugh, then takes my beer again. I go to the bar and order two more beers, then return to the table and hand one to my sister. 

"So you'll stop drinking mine," I tell her and she finishes the one that was mine, then takes the second one, "You're getting drunk, aren't you?"

She nods, "After the shift I had today, definitely."

Somehow, Eddie is still on top of the bull. It's been a minute. The speed increases and the bull grows more violent, doing everything it can to throw him off. Chimney and Hen return to the table and sit in the two free chairs.