31 | happy death day

November 27th, 2005 — 11:19 p.m.

Come alone or they get it.

Those were the words an unknown number had sent her, followed by a picture of both Shin and Mai. When she'd gotten back home, she'd assumed they were either at Chifuyu's with Peke J or maybe sleeping somewhere around her house.

Chills ran through her spine as she looked at the picture. They seemed calm, cuddled into each other, but the fact they were with someone dangerous didn't sit right with her.

Chifuyu had disappeared from his window. She didn't call him — there was no time for that. Besides, the kidnapper told her to get alone or he'd hurt them. She didn't really have a choice, did she?

Her parents were asleep, so it was easy to sneak out. On the way, she grabbed a kitchen knife. Better than nothing.

She rushed down the stairs of her building, knife held tightly. Her hands were shaking — she checked her phone again. The address shouldn't be far. She could get there on foot. Looking up, she noticed Chifuyu still wasn't at his window. She looked back down the dark road.

Just as she took a step forward, she felt something press against her mouth, muffling her screams. Her grip slackened and the knife fell to the ground.

November 27th, 2005 — 11:24 p.m.

Takemichi was sitting on his bed, listening to music from his old radio as he relaxed. Chifuyu had just informed him that Y/n was still at her window, safe and sound, meaning they did manage to change the future. If he went back now, everything should be okay again. Maybe he could even stay in the future this time.

His phone dinged. He picked it up and flipped it open, seeing he'd received a message from an unknown number. A picture was attached — Takemichi's eyes widened and his blood ran cold.

If you want you and your little friend to see her alive, come and get her.

At the same moment, Takemichi's phone rang, Chifuyu's name appearing on his screen.

November 27th, 2005 — 11:31 p.m.

She couldn't believe what was happening.

Was this why Chifuyu had insisted they spend the whole day together? Did Takemichi really know this would happen? But there was no way he could be a time traveler, right? It didn't make sense. But it also didn't make sense how Takemichi knew in the first place.

She felt like throwing up.

Shin and Mai were each on her side. She didn't know where she was, but she was forced to sit on the dirty ground with her hands tied behind her back. Two boys were in further in the room, talking in whispers — one she recognized as Hanma, who she remembered had ominously watched them from afar before Chifuyu made her leave a while ago. She didn't know the other boy.

They didn't have weapons, at least none she could see. What was the point of this? Why would they kidnap her and her cats? She'd heard them saying they had texted Takemichi, but what was the reason to target her if they wanted Takemichi? The more she thought about the whole situation, the more confused she was.

The two stopped talking. Hanma looked back at her and the two made eye contact. He whispered something to the other boy before walking over to Y/n. Her breath hitched when he finally arrived in front of her. He stared her down for a moment and Y/n looked up at him, trying her best not to show how scared she actually felt.