3 | protocol

May 31st, 2005 - 7:43 a.m.

Shit! Fuck! Shit! Fuck! The two words ran on repeat in Y/n's mind as she ran around the house, trying to gather all her school stuff together whilst getting ready.

For the first time in her life, she had overslept. It was already almost 8 a.m., and the morning student council meeting had started fiftheen minutes ago - how had her alarm not woken her up?

Hastily locking the door behind herself, Y/n ran as quick as her legs could carry her towards school. She was late enough already, she couldn't afford to loose any more time.

A little past eight in the morning was the normal time students started gathering around the school, as classes started at half past eight. Therefore, she met a lot of obstacles - students - on her way to school, trying her best not to bump into anyone in her rush.

''Shit, sorry!'' Y/n called as she bumped into someone's shoulder, though not turning to see who it had been as she continued on her way.

Chifuyu regained his balance as he looked at the figure that had just rushed past him, recognizing the voice who'd yelled out the excuse. ''Hey, Y/n-''

She was gone in the crowd of students before he knew it.

''Damn, she's really fast,'' Baji pointed out as he pushed his glasses up with his fingers, the specs turning slightly white.

''When are you going to stop looking like a poindexter at school, Baji-san?'' Chifuyu asked, feeling slightly embarrassed to be seen with Baji when he was dressed like that.

''Street Baji and school Baji are two different people, Chifuyu,'' Baji spoke in a serious tone. ''You must come to terms with it.''

Chifuyu sighed.

May 31st, 2005 - 8:16 a.m.

''I'm so sorry for missing the whole meeting!'' Y/n called as she bowed deeply in front of the other members of the rest of the student council.

''Don't mind, Y/n-san,'' the vice-president, Kaguya, said. ''It's just one meeting and we didn't really discuss anything important, anyway.''

''You can read the protocol, Y/n-chan!'' Fujiwara, the secretary, said as she handed the bowing girl a piece of paper with all the topics from the discussion. Y/n straightened up and took the paper, taking Fujiwara, who skipped away happily.

''Just don't let this repeat, L/n,'' Shigure, the president, said in a serious tone, though she knew it wouldn't be that bad if she was late again, just not anytime soon.

''Yes, of course, Shigure-kun!'' Y/n nodded in understanding, a small smile on her face. She was glad her school council colleagues weren't mad at her.

Just as Y/n turned around to leave the classroom, Kaguya called her. ''Y/n-san, let's walk together to class!''

''Oh, sure,'' Y/n agreed and soon, the two girls took off towards their classroom.

''You know, Y/n-san,'' Kaguya spoke, clutching her bag to herself. ''I saw you walking with those delinquents . . . Baji-kun and Matsuno-kun, was it?''

It had been a day, how was she already noticed with them? ''Oh . . . well, they helped me yesterday and we lived in the same direction, so it just sort of happened.''

Kaguya couldn't help but rise an eyebrow. ''Helped?''

Y/n sighed as she proceeded to explain to her what had happened the day before, leaving Kaguya speechless. ''Y/n, that's horrible! You should report them!''

''It's no use,'' Y/n sighed. ''I don't know which school they're from, so I can't. But don't worry, Baji-kun and Matsuno-kun gave them a good beating!''

Kaguya sighed. ''I'm glad you're okay, Y/n-san, but I don't think hanging out with delinquents is a good idea. What if it ruins your record?''

''I get that, I do,'' Y/n said, rubbing her arm. ''I told myself I should probably keep my distance from them, but they're my neighbors, so there's no way I can completely avoid them, you know? Though, even if they're delinquents, they don't seem that bad of people . . .''

''I just don't want you or your future to get hurt, Y/n-san,'' Kaguya said as she placed a hand on her friend's shoulder, the two coming to a halt right before Y/n's classroom. After a few seconds, Kaguya continued on, leaving Y/n with only her thoughts and the first bell of the day.

She was conflicted. Everything and everyone told her to avoid the delinquents. And yet, her heart seemed to have a different opinion. It believed that they were nice people.

She sighed. What a start of the day.

May 31st, 2005 - 12:07 p.m.

Y/n gripped her bento as she walked to the courtyard, looking around the many students. Should she sit alone? With some classmates? The student council?

''Y/n!'' she heard a loud call of her name and turned towards the source, seeing none other than Baji Keisuke - or was it him? - waving at her nad calling her over to sit with him and Chifuyu. She hesitated for a second, considering it.

Before she can take a step towards their bench, a hand was placed on her shoulder. ''Y/n-chan, come sit with Kaguya-san and me!''

Y/n looked at her friend before throwing one last look at a confused-looking Baji and a dejected Chifuyu. She wondered what got the blond in such a sulky mood, but she turned to Fujiwara and smiled. ''Okay, Chika-chan!''

Baji watched as the two girls walked away and pouted slightly as he sat back down. ''You've known her for less than a day, Baji-san, did you really think she was going to sit with us?'' Chifuyu spoke as he poked around his food. ''This isn't a shojo manga, you know?''

Yeah, it isn't a manga, Chifuyu had to keep reminding himself that.

''You're saying that, but you look more disappointed than me, Chifuyu,'' Baji said as he pushed his glasses up - that action had really started to annoy Chifuyu by now, considering Baji didn't even need glasses.

''Shut up and eat your peyong, Baji-san.''

''Awe, does Chifuyu-kun have a crush?''

''Shut up, Baji-san.''

''Awe, he does!''

''Baji-san!''