9 | the tutor, the tutored and peke j

hey besties, how was your week?

- - -

June 29th, 2005 - 3:19 p.m.

The day had been rather relaxing, which was unusual, considering the end of therm exams were coming up. Maybe because she already knew the material or because she didn't bother paying attention in classes today. Regardless, she still had tons of homework to do at home, so now was going to be her only chance to relax.

Leaving the student council room, she took a sip of the water bottle she'd forgotten there after the morning meeting, ready to make her way home. She hummed as she walked down the hallway, quickly switching her indoor shoes for her outdoor ones before making her way outside of the school building.

''L/n!''

She almost jumped out of her own skin at the call of her name, slowly turning around to take a look at a rather panicked, school-looking Baji and a calmer Chifuyu standing by his side.

''What're you guys still doing here. School ended twenty minutes ago,'' Y/n asked as she fixed her bag's strap. ''Didn't you head home?''

''We waited for you,'' Chifuyu answered. There was a weird feeling at the bit of her stomach, but she ignored it.

''Ah. You didn't have to,'' Y/n told them.

''Well, I had a question, so we had to wait,'' Baji said, causing Y/n to quirk an eyebrow.

''Oh? What is it?'' she asked.

''Tutor me.''

''Us, Baji-san.''

''Oh, yeah. Tutor us.''

His words sounded more like a demand rather than a request and so she blinked a few times. Tutor? Her? ''Why me?''

''You're smart, aren't you?'' Baji reasoned with her. ''I need to pass the exams, please, L/n! I can't have my mom be sad because I didn't pass the year again.''

Y/n watched him as his face fell. He must really care about his mother if he wanted to better himself and his education.

She sighed. ''Alright. I'm not that good of a teacher, but I can try.''

Baji's grin returned and he fist-pumped, causing his glasses to slide down from his face and hit the ground. ''Shit!"

Chifuyu laughed at the sight.

June 29th, 2005 - 4:01 p.m.

''My mom won't be home until later,'' Baji said as he led his friends inside his house, each of them taking off their shoes and putting them neatly on the side. Chifuyu walked in as if it were his own home, considering how often he came over, whilst Y/n walked just slightly behind him, quite awkward as it was her first time at Baji's house.

Chifuyu noticed her expression as she looked around, chuckling slightly. ''Relax, we won't eat you.''

Y/n rolled her eyes at him and slightly punched his shoulder for assuming she was thinking about such things. ''Yeah, yeah. Didn't we come here to study?''