Chapter 26: Reunion in Dortmund

(just thought this photo was so funny for no reason at all)

The two hour flight to Dortmund had left Jobe feeling cramped and exhausted, but as he stepped off the plane and into the bustling airport terminal, a surge of excitement coursed through him. Beside him, Trent and the rest of the gang were starting to shake off their mid-flight daze, stretching their limbs and rubbing their eyes in excitement.

"Hey mate, I forgot to mention," Trent whispered with a sheepish grin, "Jadon's gonna pick us up. And uh, I think he might bring Imani too."

Jobe's heart skipped a beat at the mention of Imani's name. He couldn't deny the flutter of anticipation at the thought of seeing her again. He tried to shake off the butterflies fluttering in his stomach as they made their way through the airport.

When they emerged from the terminal, Jobe's eyes scanned the crowd, searching for familiar faces. His breath caught in his throat when he spotted Gio and Jadon waiting for them.

"Hey guys, glad you made it!" Jadon greeted them warmly, giving each of them a fist bump.

Gio stepped forward, offering a handshake to Trent and the others. "Welcome guys. Heard you could use a hand with your bags."

Trent nodded gratefully, and they began gathering their luggage, exchanging greetings with Gio and Jadon. Jobe's gaze lingered on Imani as she walked over from the bathroom, her presence lighting up the room.

"Jobe, hey!" Imani exclaimed, her face lighting up with a smile as she approached him. "How've you been?"

Jobe returned her smile, trying to play it cool despite the rush of emotions swirling inside him. "Hey, Imani! Yeah, I've been good. Just glad to finally be here."

Trent shot Jobe a supportive glance before turning his attention back to the group. As Imani caught up with the others, Jobe couldn't help but notice the subtle way she stood close to Gio, their hands brushing against each other.

A pang of jealousy tugged at Jobe's heart, but he pushed it aside, focusing on the excitement of being reunited with his friends. As they made their way to the car, laughter and chatter filling the air, Jobe couldn't shake the feeling that his time in Dortmund was not going to be as great as he expected.

A/N:
sorry for such a late update I've been so busy with exams.
sobbing got exams for 6 weeks now 😪
good luck to anyone doing exams