Chapter 19: Decisions in the Shadows

❦

8:00 am
"Would you want to come with me?"

That question lingered in Imani's thoughts throughout the night. She pondered the advantages and disadvantages of accompanying her brother to Germany. After careful consideration, she reached a decision.

She walked downstairs and whipped up pancakes for breakfast, eagerly awaiting Jadon's awakening. At 9 am, Jadon came downstairs, Imani had made her decision– she wanted to move to Germany with him.

Time skip:
11:30pm
The ride back to Sunderland was both exciting and a bit nervous for Jadon and Imani. Jadon had to tell his mum about playing football in Germany, and they needed permission for Imani to go too.

When they got to Sunderland, memories hit Imani hard. Passing the park and mini market they used to go to with Jobe brought a sad feeling.

Inside Imani's house, their mum greeted them warmly. As Jadon explained their plans, their mum listened carefully. After thinking for a moment, she told Imani, "You can go." Imani, feeling a mix of emotions, rushed upstairs to start packing.

After Imani went upstairs their mum said to Jadon discreetly, "I want you to take good care of her Jadon. I'm only letting her go because I've never seen her truly happy since everything happened with Jobe."

Jadon, with a reassuring smile, said, "Don't worry, Ma. I will take care of her."

Imani had no idea that Jobe had come to their house a few times while she was in Manchester, having heart-to-heart talks with her mum.

Sensing that the move from Sunderland to Germany would be a huge change for Imani, her mum had a plan.

She knew Imani might miss everything about home, so she hoped her thoughtful plan could be a persuasive reason for Imani to consider staying.

Imani Mum POV:

IMESSAGES
Jobe ⚽️

Hello Jobe, hope you and your family are well. I just wanted to let you know that Imani has come back from Manchester today and it may be the last she will be here.

Jobe ⚽️
Hi Ms Sancho. Is she staying in Manchester forever?

No Jobe she's going Germany.
I'm sure you've heard about Jadon's loan on the internet.

Jobe ⚽️
No. No she can't go.
I never got to explain myself.
Please stop her from leaving Lisa.

Jobe I'm sorry. I can't stop her from going. She's been so happy. I can't ruin her happiness. You're the only one that can make her stay.

Jobe ⚽️
She doesn't even want to talk to me .
How am I meant to explain everything.

Explain it to her like you told me. You do love her don't you Jobe?

Jobe ⚽️
Yes, of course I fucking love her, I've never felt this way about anyone before. I just wish I didn't fuck the whole thing up.

I'm going to let the swearing slide today but never again. Come to our house at 3pm sharp.

Jobe ⚽️
Sorry Lisa. And yes I'll be there. Thank you for giving me a second chance.

Anything to make my daughter happy again.

A/N:
hope you guys like the little after line.