Chapter 1: A New Beginning

❦

Imani stared out of the car window, her eyes fixed on the passing scenery. Sunderland. It was a place she never thought she would call home. The move had been sudden, unexpected, and it tore her heart apart. Her parents' separation had shattered her world, and now she found herself in a new city, far away from everything she had ever known.

As the car pulled up in front of their new house, Imani's heart sank. It was a modest, cozy place, but it felt empty without her father and older brother, who had stayed behind in Manchester. Her brother, Jadon Sancho, was a talented football player, and he plays for Manchester United so he couldn't leave. Imani's father had decided to stay in Manchester to support Jadon's dreams.

Imani's mother, had made the difficult decision to leave her husband and move to Sunderland, hoping for a fresh start. She believed it would be best for Imani to have a stable environment away from the constant tension between her parents. But for Imani, it felt like she was leaving a part of herself behind.

The first few days in Sunderland were a blur of unpacking boxes and trying to settle into their new home. Imani's room was filled with familiar belongings, but it still felt foreign. She missed the sound of her brother's laughter and her father's comforting presence. The silence in the house was deafening.

Imani had always been a reserved and cautious girl. Trusting people didn't come easily to her, and the recent events had only intensified her wariness. She had seen firsthand how easily people could break promises and betray each other. It made her question the intentions of those around her.

A/N:
first chapter hope you enjoy. Please vote x