CHAPTER 36 » TIME LAPSE

Start from the beginning

Once she was done, she instructed them to go have breakfast, and make sure to indulge in their morning exercise.

"Won't you be joining us for breakfast and workout, Doctor Kim?" Darl asked, the younger male patient.

"Oh no, Darl. I have to call Seoul. I have to catch up with my best friend." Ione laughed and walked off in the opposite direction, but not before noticing the pout on Darl's face.

It made her chuckle to herself. Falling in love was now something she laughed about when people talk about it. Especially when they ship her and Remy together. She had dragged Remy to a corner on one afternoon, demanding he tells her if what other people were saying was true. And he confirmed it. He had confessed his feelings to her.

But it was on that same day she had explained to him that she couldn't accept his feelings. She expressed all that was within her so he could understand her. And he did. They've been great friends ever since. There was no awkwardness, just pure care and affection for each other.

But throwing Prisha and Soft into that mix had sometimes made the pure emotions impure. Those two were too naughty and couldn't be controlled. Soft was worse. But that was what made their friendship unique.

A group of four different souls that bonded over various things which made them become inseparable.

Getting into Remy's private space, she saw him already plating their breakfast on the dining table. "Good morning." She walked towards him, and he instantly stopped what he was doing, facing her with a stern look .

"There's nothing good about this morning if you will keep disobeying my words." He said to her in a scolding tone. And she could instantly tell that he must have caught her staying awake again.

But she couldn't outrightly admit it. So she feigned ignorance.

"What did I do this time?" She asked him, but immediately sitting down to start eating. That was her defense. Eating and forming nonchalance. They sometimes acted like father and daughter, and Ione found it extremely cute how their friendship could take on different forms.

The part she loved the most was when they were both brainstorming about a new and rare case. They worked like their minds had a deeper connection. It amazes her what both of them have been achieving for the past two years.

"Oh, you know what you did, Missy. Stop pretending." Remy replied, sitting on the chair opposite hers.

"I don't know what I did. I didn't even do anything wrong." Ione said, but the look in his eyes was intimidating enough to make her cower. "Okay, Okay. You got me. I'm sorry." She quickly apologized.

"You know it's just because we are worried. We want you to be completely out of danger. Exercising and dieting isn't enough. Resting very well is a huge part of it. Don't give your immune system a chance to weaken." He said to her, and she felt guilty once again. She was just too stubborn that she knew repeating this was certain.

And Remy knew that. Their new Ione was a mischievous doctor.

"I'll do better. Studying is just so interesting these days. I'm getting addicted to it." She said in a joking manner.

"It's good to study. But there's a right time for everything." Remy pointed out, and Ione couldn't help but laugh, then fed him one of the cherries on the table.

"I'll be careful. But if you keep scolding me like this, I may just want to continue." She laughed. "That's exactly why I already texted those two this morning." Remy lied, knowing she dreaded Prisha's scolding session even more.