2

The first hunt...
chapter two

Blackwater RidgeLost Creek, Colorado

Blackwater Ridge
Lost Creek, Colorado

It was morning when Nova woke up in the back of Dean's impala. Sam was the one that told Nova about the passing of Jessica once she was fully awake. The two shared lots of tears during the painful conversation, in the afternoon they were told to gather all of their belongings from their apartment. Strangely the fire was only in Sam's and Jessica's room meaning Nova still had all her stuff.

Nova packed one medium size bag with clothes, notebooks, cassettes, CDs, makeup and other random items she had. The girl now wore a sad face where ever she went. Throughout the whole week the three stayed in Stanford looking for what killed Jessica, Nova always looked like she was on the verge of tears.

It was hard for the two men to see the usual bubbly, cheerful girl look so miserable but there was nothing that they could do.

Sam was also having a tough time considering he was planning on proposing to the now dead girl.

The funeral was the hardest. Nova did not speak a word the whole day, and Sam was having a hard time not breaking down during his speech. Dean stayed close to Nova the whole day, usually having to support her upright as she constantly broke down and almost collapsed to the floor many times. Every time Dean would hold her close and rubbed her back so she cried into his chest.

What the boys didn't realise was that Nova felt guilty. Guilt was what was eating Nova alive. She was in the apartment when Jessica was murdered so why wasn't she. It didn't matter to her that she was knocked out before anything happened, she should've heard the door opening and the footsteps of the intruder but she didn't, and now Jessica is dead because of her.

After finding nothing at Stanford the trio decided to move on. So now they were on their way to look for the brothers still missing father, John Winchester. In the back of the impala sat Nova who had made a comfortable set up for herself. In the passenger seat sat Sam and in the driver's seat was Dean.

Nova was busy drawing in her sketchbook listening to the rock music Dean had put on while Sam slept in the front. She let out a small yelp at the fast movement of Sam waking up from probably another bad dream about Jessica. He looked around confused as both Nova and Dean stared at him with concern.

"You okay?" Dean was the first one to speak as he continued driving.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Sam replied trying to act like everything was normal.

Dean nodded his head unconvinced, "Another nightmare?"

Sam cleared his throat instead of answering the question. "Want to drive for a while?" Dean continued.