4- Rose Gold (Pt. 1)

I was standing at Van Pelt's desk when I got Chase and Emelia's texts

I was standing at Van Pelt's desk when I got Chase and Emelia's texts. I didn't read or answer them. I knew what they said. Van Pelt turned to me and handed me a folder.

"This is our case. It's a small town murder spree," she said.

"That sounds-fun." I murmured.

"It will be-sort of," Van Pelt said, "I'm not usually a field agent, but it says here that I need to teach you both."

I smiled and grabbed a chair from an empty desk. When I sat down, Wainwright walked in.

"Have either of you seen Jane and Emelia? I need to give them their case."

"Jane went out to take a call from Grace and Josh. I don't know where Emelia is."

"Weren't they just here?" I turned and looked around. Jane's couch was empty, even though the two were there minutes before.

"Jane has the ability to sneak away without anyone knowing where he's going or that he left," Van Pelt said, turning to her computer.

"But where's Emelia?" Wainwright asked.

"I'll text her," I said.

I picked up my phone and saw the notification.

Tiger tiger.

I ignored it as I unlocked my phone. I opened Emelia and I's texts.

Hey where are you?

My phone chimed a couple seconds later.

Breakroom. Making tea. Jane's on a call.

I looked at Wainwright, "she's in the breakroom."

"Why?" Van Pelt inquired.

"She said she's making tea."

"Of course," Wainwright commented sarcastically, "I'll go give this to her."

When he left, I looked up at Van Pelt's computer. She had a map of the town listed in the case file up on the screen.

"We need to drive down to San Diego for this," she sighed.

"That's almost an 8 hour drive," I spat.

"I know, but this is our case," she turned to me, "We can get lunch on the way."

"It's- 3 PM." I looked at my phone.

"Well I haven't had lunch yet, so I'm gonna call it that."

I laughed and put my phone in my jeans pocket as I stood up.

"Let's go," Van Pelt grabbed her bag as Jane walked in.

"Hey, Jane," she said, "how are Grace and Josh?"

"Causing problems," Jane smiled.

"They're your kids, of course they are," Cho looked up from his computer and Clara was writing something down.

"True," Jane's smile remained.

Van Pelt turned to Rigsby and Cho, "Okay, so we're going to start our drive to San Diego, see you guys later."

"Your case is in San Diego?" Rigsby looked like he was in disbelief, "Our case is 20 minutes from here."

"I think Wainwright was trying to be nice to you," Cho turned to face Rigsby.

Van Pelt laughed and we turned and left.

When we made it to the elevator, she looked at me and smiled, "this is really exciting! I haven't done field work in so long."

I gave her a small laugh as we walked in to the elevator.

This is going to be harder than I thought.

----------------------------------------

A/N

Thank you for reading! Remember to vote!

This is going to be a 2 or 3 part thing, but I wanted to kick off each character's investigation before I continued.