Chapter 3: Dragon Training

——————————🔥——————————

"Welcome to dragon training!" Gobber announced, throwing open a large set of wooden gates that lead to a giant circular arena.

Fishlegs, Snotlout, Ruffnut, Tuffnut, Astro, and (Y/n) all entered the arena and began looking around.

"No turning back." Astro muttered to (Y/n), who smiled up at him.

"I hope I get some serious burns." Tuffnut commented.

"I'm hoping for some mauling, like on my shoulder or lower back." Ruffnut added.

Astro chuckled. "Yeah, it's only fun if you get a scar out of it."

"Yeah, no kidding." Another voice chimed in.

They all turned to see Hiccup in the entryway holding an axe. "Pain. Love it."

"Oh great. Who let him in." Tuffnut complained.

(Y/n) sent Hiccup a smile and a wave, while Astro narrowed his eyes at Hiccup and took a small step closer to her.

"Let's get started!" Gobber said. "The recruit who does the best, will receive the honor of killing his first dragon in front of the entire village."

"Hiccup already killed a Night Fury, so does that disqualify him?" Snotlout mocked.

The twins laughed, and the rest of the teens went to go stand towards the end in front of a giant set of closed doors.

Gobber came up beside Hiccup and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry. You're small and weak, which makes you less of a target. They'll see you as either sick or insane and go after the more Viking-like teens." He 'reassured' him.

Hiccup got in line with the others and Gobber gestured to the giant set of closed metal doors.

"Now, behind these doors are just a few of the species you will learn to fight! The Deadly Nadder."

"Speed 8, armor 16." Fishlegs muttered.

"The Hideous Zippleback."

"Plus 11 stealth. Times two."

"The Monstrous Nightmare."

"Firepower 15."

The Terrible Terror."

"Attack 8, venom 12."

"Will you stop that?!" Gobber snapped. "And the Gronckle."

"Jaw strength 8." Fishlegs whispered.

Gobber put his hand on a lever that would open the doors and Snotlout stepped forward.

"Woah, wait. Aren't you going to teach us first?" He asked with worry in his voice.

Gobber smiled. "I believe in learning on the job."

He pulled the lever, unlocking the doors, allowing a Gronckle to escape and start flying around the arena.