Introduction

Dedication

I warmly thank the beta-readers who enthusiastically delved into this text: Isabelle, Nadine, Virginie, and Anne-Marie, you are the best!

I also thank Mathilde for her responsive and effective editing work.

And I thank all the readers who support me every day!

Warnings

Caution: some scenes may disturb the more sensitive readers, especially since many elements of this novel are inspired by real events.

Except for Nadine Belin – who won my May 2021 contest and earned the right to be included in this novel! – all characters are fictional, and any resemblance to actual persons, particularly in Seiches-sur-le-Loir, is purely coincidental.

The brands mentioned are registered trademarks, included in this novel to ground the reader in the real world. Specifically, Instagram is a registered trademark of Facebook Group.

Fierce reader, who contemplates reading what follows, beware!

At your own risk and peril, you will find here the source of great Power.

Unlimited Power implies great Corruption of minds.

So, Will you be able to handle reading it?

To You who decided to read what follows : it was Your decision.

Beware.

Foreword of the Imperium

Table of Contents

The titles and chapter headings are drawn from lyrics of songs by the band Queen, of which I am a big fan. Beyond being a beautiful tribute, they surprisingly lend themselves to the plot...

Chapter #1 - I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy

Chapter #2 - Can anybody find me somebody to love?

Chapter #3 - Save me, Save me, Save me

Chapter #4 - One shaft of light that shows the way

Chapter #5 - Open up your mind and let me step inside

Chapter #6 - She's a Killer Queen

Chapter #7 - With the pain and anger can't see a way out

Chapter #8 - Under pressure

Chapter #9 - I'm going slightly mad

Chapter #10 - I want to break free

Chapter #11 - The show must go on