"Will you please stop scaring him" I said to Em. Unbeknownst to me that he was not making empty threats.

"Just put me down, please," I said. He put me down reluctantly. I went to the beaten boy.

"Hey, can you stand?" I asked and he nodded, I offered my hand so that he leans on it for support he was about to take it but when he looked behind me he retracted it so fast and stood up on his own.

"Can you walk, or do you want help?"

"Tina, he already said that he was fine. He doesn't need help," an annoyed Em said whilst glaring at the poor guy.

"Let's go," Em said, taking my hand.

"Where am I going with you?" I asked.

"To the cafeteria, I know you haven't eaten," he said as he continued pulling me along with his friend following behind, still shocked for what, I had no idea.

When we got in front of the cafeteria door, I stopped making them stop.

"What, is something wrong?" Em asked worryingly.

"No," I said

"Then why did you stop?" He asked.

"Don't tell me you were planning to go inside with me,"

"Come on Em I don't want to be the center of attention, you guys are famous around this school everyone knows you  so they will obviously be shocked to find me, the new girl with you guys which will then mean more enemies for me".

"Okay, fine, I will let it go this time." He said.

"Hey, my name is Valentina, but you could call me Val, and I'm sorry for burdening you with my bag. Can I please have it?" I said to Em's friend.

"No, no it's fine it wasn't a burden at all and I'm Lucian, it's nice to see and talk to you Val" he smiled at me as he forwarded his hand for a handshake. I was about to shake his hand when suddenly someone decided to grab it and pull me into a hug.

"No touching, Lucian." Em glared at Lucian.

"Was that really necessary?" I said, pulling away from his embrace before taking my bag from Lucian and giving him a sorry smile.

I then looked at Em and glared at him before going inside the cafeteria to the table I usually sat at with my friends.

"Gosh Val, where were you, I was so scared," Eve said as she stood up to hug me.

"I tried to save some other boy who was beaten up by a group of boys, but I ended up putting myself in trouble."

"What!?" She exclaimed, and I covered her mouth with my hand.

"Don't shout. Everyone is looking at us. Let's sit down. I will tell you what happened." She agreed and sat down.

"Here I got these for you," she said as she pushed a tray of food towards me.

"Can I at least eat first before I tell you? I'm famished right now. "

"No, you eat whilst telling me," she said. It became silent all of a sudden in the cafeteria, I didn't have to turn to see the source of people's silence since I already k ew that it was Em and his friend.

Once they sat down at their table, the tension that was circulating in the air disappeared, and people began chatting. 

"Ok, so I was walking towards the cafeteria when I saw a boy being bullied by other boys..." I continued telling her the details except for the part that Em saved me. I didn't lie to her. I just told her that I was saved by someone, but I didn't say the name.

"Wow, that's my girl, I hope the injuries you inflicted were so painful, I can't believe that you kicked someone in the groin. I'm so proud of you, bestie, " Eve said.

"But you ain't hurt right cause if you are, then I'll gladly take the honor of beating them again. Nobody messes with my friend."

"No, I'm fine. You don't have to beat the shit out of them," I said, smiling.

"Please don't ever put yourself in danger again," she pleaded

"I can't promise you that cause you know how I am."

"Where is Aria and Nick?" I asked her.

"I don't know. Maybe they decided not to come to school today," she shrugged and sipped her juice.

I felt like I was being watched, so when I raised my head around to look at the culprit, I wasn't surprised to see Em already looking at me. I averted my gaze and continued to converse with Eve.

When the siren rang, we went to our next lesson, which was English.

_______________________________

Vote and Comment❤️