Chapter 5

Val's pov

When we got home, dad showed me  around the house like he had promised. The mansion has three floors.

The third floor consists of Dad's home office and 2 rooms which was mine and dad's, well he told me that my room was once his personal gym room but when he heard of me he changed it to my room so that l be closer to him.'No wonder why my room is so big it was because it was once a gym room wow'

The second floor has bedrooms, a game room, a library and one very big spare room.

The first floor has a living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry room, ballroom, and basketball court, gym room, and a theater.

"Unfortunately, there is no music room,"l mumbled to myself

3rd pov

Enzo finished showing Val around the house, and right now, they were having a daughter-father moment watching television in the living room.

"Daddy, l'm going to take snacks these ones have finished."Val said to his father before she took off to the kitchen. After she left, someone else badged in the living room.

That someone was none other than Marco, Lorenzo's best friend, and he was beyond furious.

"Oh shit,"Enzo mumbled to himself, looking at his friend furious face.

"What the hell Lorenzo why do l hear from the fucking media that there is a little girl living with you moreover who is she, l mean the media said she is your daughter but l know better than to believe and l wanna hear it from you." Marco said angrily, looking at Enzo for answers.

"Well, mum....she is my daught..."Enzo said before he was cut off

"What on the fucking fucktity fuck!!you are saying that you have a daughter and you didn't find it important to tell me, your best friend Enzo"Marco said with hurt laced in his voice.

"I was going to tell you soon Marco, for now l just didn't want to pressure my daughter." Enzo said looking at his friend.

"Fine but how is she your daughter? And who is the mother"Marco asked

"The first question is stupid and l'm not gonna answer it as for the second one well the mother is the lady from 5yrs ago that l feel in love with at first sight"Enzo answered.

"How did you find out about the little girl"

"Well you see umm...her mother died in a car accident and umm I got a call that asked if l wanted to take her in since l was her father blah blah blah and l agreed"Enzo said sad

"Oh poor girl she lost her mother at a young age. For once you my friend have made a good decision by agreeing to take her in"Marco said the last sentence mockingly

"Oh please we both know that l always make good decisions unlike someone"Enzo remarked

"Whatever"Marco said rolling his eyes

"Can you do me a favor and stay with her while l go deal with something"Enzo asked Marco.

"What do you mean by something"

"Well there is this thing that hurt my daughter, insulted her and made her cry so l sent her to my special place and l was thinking of gracing her with my presence"Enzo said smirking.

"Oh ok it's sad that l wouldn't be able to join you no one messes with my niece"Marco said already being protective towards the little girl he hadn't seen yet.

"Anyways where is the little girl l want to see her" Marco said.

"She is in the kitchen she will be ba..."Enzo said before being cut off by Val.

"Daddy daddy l'm back and l came with the snacks"Val said running to her dad with many snacks.

"I told you to stop running or you will fall"Enzo said sternly to his daughter.

"Sorry"Val said while smiling sheepishly.

"And that's quite a number of snacks you're holding"Enzo said pointing at the snacks in her daughter's hands"are you sure you gonna finish them?"he continued

"Yes of course*Val replied

Marco stared at the father-daughter duo admiringly he thought they looked so adorable bickering like that.He couldn't help but chuckle at the duo causing Val to turn around to see where the chuckle came from.

"Daddy who is this"Val asked after noticing the man.

"That's Marco he is my best friend and like a brother to me"Lorenzo said.

"No that's not how l'm introduced Enzo you left many things but it's okay I will introduce myself"Marco said and bent down to Val's height.

"Well my dear my name is Marco Jones and l'm your father's most handsome, strong, brave,funny,helpful etc best friend/brother. You know because of my good heart and thoughtful mind l became your father's best friend if l didn't he would have grown white hair by now."Marco said dramatically making Val laugh.

"You sure are a drama queen my friend and stop flattering yourself"Enzo said

"Well my name is Valentina Rose Roma..."Val said before she was cut off by her father

"De Luca your last name is no longer Romano is De Luca."Enzo said to his daughter

"Ok let me start again...My name is Valentina Rose De Luca it's nice to meet you uncle Marco"Rose said and hugged Marco which made the latter shocked but nonetheless hugged her back.

"What did you call me?"Marco asked on the verge of tears and pulled her back breaking the hug.

"Oh no l'm sorry l shouldn't have said that l made you cry"Val said guilty

"No l love it these are tears of joy from getting called uncle by you"Marco said wiping off his tears.

"Now let's go and play yeah?"Marco said looking at Val

"Yah let's go let's go...daddy are you coming?"

"No l'm sorry l can't l have something else to do sweetheart and l won't be home for a while, you won't mind staying with Marco right? "Enzo said

"Yeah bye, be careful ok"Val said after hugging her dad and before she was carried by Marco.

Marco and Valentina played, watched Frozen and cooked dinner together which led to them getting to know each other more.

"Princess it's late now let's take you to bed yeah?"Marco said after they finished dinner.

"Ok but when will dad come"

"Don't worry he will be back before you know it"He said picking her up and heading to her room.

Upon arriving there he tucked her inside the blankets.

"Can you read a bed time story for me please."

"Ok princess"Marco replied.

After Marco finished reading the story he looked at Val and saw that she was already asleep.

"Goodnight princess"He said after kissing her forehead and went out of the room.