Chapter 9- I Just Want To Be With You

"Lee Taeyong?" I said in complete shock 

"Good evening," he said while bowing, "I hope I am not disturbing"

I bowed back to him

"No no... not at all... it's just that... what are you doing here?" I questioned while still not being able to form words. He was dressed in blue jeans and a yellow shirt with a cap on his head probably to prevent others from identifying him. 

"Is... Hye-Jin here?" he asked hesitantly
Now I know why he was here... and it made me smile. 

"Yes-" I was cut off when Hye-Jin said,

"Ji-Eun... who is at the-" she froze in her place when she saw the person standing in front of her. I looked at Taeyong and his face showed a relieved expression. A small smile spread across his face as he went inside and straightaway hugged Hye-Jin. 
I covered my mouth with both of my hands because this... this was the real drama. 

He gently caressed her head and kept reassuring her that everything was okay. 
It did not even take a few seconds till she broke down in his arms. She was crying the entire evening till her cheeks were stained with tears and her eyes were red but crying wasn't the only thing that was going to make her feel a little better.
She needed him and he knew that too
Which is why, he is here.... for her. 

"I know how to handle this," Taeyong said out of the blue making both of us confused

"Ms. Ji-Eun, if you don't mind... could you be my cameraman for today?" 

"Huh?" I was confused and so was Hye-Jin but Taeyong? He just smiled, took out his phone, and handed it over to me. He held Hye-jin's hand and they both together sat on the sofa. He was kind enough to grab me a chair and made me sit just in front of them.
I was still holding his phone when he said,

"Ms. Ji-Eun, my phone is unlocked so can you please open Instagram and record us? We are going live" My eyes widened when he said that. He is not doing what I am thinking.... right?

"Tae-" He cut off Hye-Jin by saying, 

"I know what I am doing" he turned to me and said, "Ms. Ji-Eun... please" 

I nodded and did as he said

"We are live" The moment I said that, the views kept increasing and the comments flooded the screen. The most common comment was 'Oppa, that dating rumor is false right?' and all the lovely comments were soon replaced by 'Oppa, what are you doing with that bitch'
Actually... never mind! Whatever he was about to do, he now has my support. 

He bowed before saying,
"Good Evening, I am Lee Taeyong. Today, I'd like to share a story with you. I started acting in 2015 but I was always casted as an extra until 2018 when I got my first role as a second lead in the drama "When the Wind Blows". Believe it or not, I thought about quitting my acting career after that drama but then I slowly gained popularity. I met you guys. My fans. You were the reason I held onto everything for this long and you all have no idea how much grateful I am to have you all..." 

He sighed before continuing, 
"But I am disappointed in you all. You all have supported me all these years so why are you all behaving differently now? What happened to all the support and love you all had for me?"

He looked at Hye-Jin and gently held her hand before looking back at the camera,
"The rumors are true. I am dating her. I am dating Song Hye-Jin who also happens to be my co-star in my new drama. I hit on her first, I asked her for dinner first, I gave her gifts first, and I confessed first. And it's not just about being co-star... had I met her somewhere else... I would've still fallen for her every single time. Being with her makes me feel like the luckiest guy alive"