23 - Brighter Than The Sun

🦤Yin's POV

The weekend after War proposed, we went to granddad's place to let him know.

Lo and behold, Belle jumped the gun as soon as he saw his great grandfather.

"Dad and Papa are married!!" she shouted as soon as she's on granddad's arms.

Little rat.

We told him of our plans, which he supported all the way. War asked to talk to his granddad alone, so Belle and I went out for a while and they came out just before we start lunch.

"So? What happened?" I whisper at him.

"I told you he'll agree with whatever I say." He says smugly. We had our lunch here and an hour later, we decided to go home since I have a lot to complete for my resignation.

I passed it yesterday and I literally have 4 weeks before we fly out to the US.

Yep, I can't afford to extend beyond my 4 weeks' notice. With my recent departure of my boss, I was the one they thought to cover for him and to be promoted.

They even bargained for 3x my current pay, and War just chuckled and says he'll double whatever they are willing to counter offer me with. Oh, he just wouldn't back down.

The following week is Mommy's birthday. And so we went out early the day before so Belle and Achi Ploy's children can bond for a day and not be all weird around each other.

I feel a bit nervous as we finish lunch. I know I need to sit down and tell her our plans.

War and Belle went up for a nap, and me and Mommy went out into the gardens. It's a gloomy, cloudy day, perfect to do some garden work since it's not too hot.

"Mommy..." I start.

"Hmmm?" she asks as she continues pruning her tomato plants. She got a bunch of different varieties.

"War and I are getting married." I said and I saw her hand froze mid cut. "In the US." I added. She went on and placed her pruning sheers down on the ground and exhaled.

"Are... are you sure about this? Are you both sure... about this?" she asks quietly.

My heart beats like crazy.

"Yes. We... both said we wanted to. War's granddad knows about it... uhmmm and then I'll move back to his company... and well... his grandfather said he'll help daddy out. Clean up his papers and try for a reconsideration for good behavior and some community work."

I don't know what I'm trying to do. Get her approval by selling the benefits of marrying War? I don't know... I just know, if she's against it, it won't stop me from doing what I want...

It's just easier for me if she does agree.

"That's not what I'm pointing at... he." She sighs heavily. "War lost his memories of you together... and he's recently engaged, he ran with you and his daughter somewhere and now you're marrying him? What if it's just some quarterlife crisis or something? Did you see yourself during your breakup?" She closed her eyes and massages her head.

I crawled so we're sitting next to each other.

Well... This is a problem.

"Mommy... that's not it. I... We love each other." I said, convincing her.

"You didn't see yourself like we do. Your brothers worry about you during those months you're depressed. Ploy was out of her wits whenever you cry out once Belle goes back to War's place after a weekend over. Yin... I don't want to see you suffer even more."