21 - Fall For You

🦤Yin's POV

Maybe he's sick? Or maybe having a mental breakdown.

I reach out and placed my palm over his forehead.

"For the 10th time, I'm not sick." He groans as he drives back home. "I'm serious." He says as we weave out the heavy Bangkok traffic. "Why, don't you want to?" he asks.

I sigh deeply, thinking how I should say it without hurting his feelings.

"You're doing it again." I murmur and I can feel his eyes on me as I look straight into the stoplight that's currently red. "You're rushing into something you don't really know. Once you get an idea, you run with it. You've done that multiple times now. With what happened with Alex on that trip. With proposing to marry her. I don't want to be... another rushed mistake."

The car filled with silence. Nothing but the quiet roar of the engines around us, a few honks too.

I slowly turn to see his face and he's deep in thought.

Was I too harsh?

Did I go too far?

"What do I have to do then? To make you believe me." He asks calmly. Too calmly that I was on the verge to just say yes and end this weird feeling.

"I... honestly don't know."

"Then what do you want me to do here, Yin." He says with that defeated, disappointed tone my parents use when reprimanding me.

"Just... let's take things slow. We're not rushing into something. We don't have some timeline we have to get to." I reasoned out.

I just know we're not in that level of security with each other to get married.

It's a whole freaking ordeal.

Something might come up again... and loosing him one more time will not be good for me. I don't even know if I can take any more punches from this relationship.

It's all fun and games, but once we go towards this head-on then issues may arise. Problems will be popping up. Considering the things, we still have to work on as a couple.

Not even that long since we considered each other as in a relationship.

Now he's freaking asking for marriage.

Totally insane.

With him being this silent for this long, I reach out and placed a firm hand on his thigh.

"Are you mad at me?"

He used his hand to place it over mine, turning mine over so we have our hands intertwined. I lifts it up and gives it a long deep kiss.

"No. I'll just have to be better and you'll say yes eventually." He said with a smirk, making me chuckle. "We have all the time in the world, right?" he says as he glanced at me.

I leaned to him and placed a kiss on his cheek before placing my head on his shoulder and hugging our intertwined hands.

"Tell me a story." He says, maybe to pass the time since the traffic right now it brutal.

"What do you want to know?" I ask him.

"Hmmm maybe something from our past? Maybe while we're together, raising Belle." He mutters.

"That's a long time, though. I don't even know where to start, I can't even remember the beginning." I said absentmindedly, while I ransack my brain to get information he might be curious to know.

"Let's start at the end, then." He chuckles. "Right before I got in the accident."

Right before? I think I remember that.

"The night before... you were singing with Belle.  That song from Frozen, love is an open door." I chuckle remembering how cut they are.

"I think you also said that you need to have a quick drop to Phuket for some properties or something. That you'll be home late." I recalled, somehow, an air of gloom slowly rushing into me. As if just by remembering, walking through what happened, is making me anxious.