𝟎𝟓

- Snakes In The Garden

Later that evening, King Henry decided to host a celebration feast to announce the engagement between his son Charles and Madeleine

Later that evening, King Henry decided to host a celebration feast to announce the engagement between his son Charles and Madeleine. The people of the royal court and the English countrymen had arrived chatting and dancing with one another in the throne room. Francis knew the moment that Jade arrived, he couldn't seem to take his eyes off her as his heart beated rapidly against his rib cage at the sight of her as he seemed to forget how to breathe properly.

Jade's effortlessly beauty astounded him and each time he saw her he could feel himself falling completely for the beautiful blonde not noticing a pair of eyes watching the both of them, " Jade Hart. Did you two..." Kenna trailed off looking between Francis and Jade, " and you didn't tell me! Oh, this is great. Does Mary know about you two?" Jade eyes widened as she shook her head frantically trying to hush her friend, "Scandalous sex! Even better"

"No, no, no, no,no" Jade immediately shook her head grabbing ahold of Kenna hand pulling her away from the dance floor, " it's not like that, okay. We're just friends that's all we're ever going to be" Kenna scoffed in disbelief not believing a word she had said, " but you want to be something more" Jade narrowed her eyes at the brunette before she let out a sigh in defeat, " Alright, maybe I have grown fond of Francis, but I'm not sure what's going on between us. I've never felt anything like this before and it's not like anything could really happen I mean he's engaged to marry Mary"

Kenna smiled softly at her best friend taking her hand in her own, " I understand. Of course I do but it's you he looks for not Mary and it's clear he's fallen for you even after knowing you only for a couple of days. Mary has to come to terms with the fact that Francis does not feel the same way as she does. I know you don't want to hurt anyone but sometimes it's okay to put yourself first, Jade" The blonde beauty smiled lightly squeezing Kenna's hand, " I know. It's just that I barely know him and the more I try to push him away he keeps on coming back. Normally most men run for the hill but he's stubborn, persistent and charming in his own way"

"Oh, my god" Kenna exclaimed with wide eyes as she stared at Jade in excitement clapping her hands together, " you're falling in love with him, aren't you?" Jade shook her head frantically shooting her best friend a pointed look, " No, I am not in love with him. It's too early to say that we've only just met but I do like him, he's different. A good different. The more I get to know him the more feelings I start to have for him even if I do fight against them"

"When you know, you know," Kenna shrugged gently with a bright smile grabbing Jade hand dragging her towards the musicians who was playing a melody echoing throughout the room, " Now, let's have some fun like we used to do in Scotland" Jade tried to pull away from Kenna with wide eyes missing the amused look from Francis who was watching the two girls, " No, no, no, no, no. Kenna, don't even think about. It's not a good idea"