𝟎𝟒

- Snakes In The Garden

It had been a week since Jade Hart found out about the attack that was made on her Queen, Mary Stuart

It had been a week since Jade Hart found out about the attack that was made on her Queen, Mary Stuart. In that week, the blonde had kept mostly to herself as she had tried to avoid speaking with Francis at all cost as Kenna had told her that the Dauphin of France is interested in her but she didn't want to be entangled with him since she is here for Mary who is going to marry him one day for her country and her people.

Jade had managed to avoid any interaction with Francis, much to Kenna and Sebastian's amusement as the girl always managed to disappear whenever she saw him walking down the halls or outside of the castle but she was only doing it to protect herself as she didn't want to make a bad reputation because of her involvement with a royal especially since she knew she will have to marry one day.

After getting dressed for the day, Jade made her way to the art room, it didn't take long until she was sat in front of the portrait with a paintbrush in her hand as she didn't know what she painting until she snapped back into a reality looking up at the painting she did of her mother. Jade had a saddened look on her face as she placed her hand on the painting as she recalled her last moments with her mother who wanted her daughter to start living her life to the fullest and to start putting herself first.

Jade was the type of girl who made sure everyone around her was happy and didn't really take time to think about herself because it distracted her from the reality as the blonde beauty had been through a lot and if she didn't have her friends she would of probably already had a breakdown. She sighed heavily as she remembered all the good times she had with her family as her mother was her protector and she was her best friend and it was hard to say goodbye.

Jade had never been apart from her mother or sister as the three of them were always joint by the hip and to say goodbye to her youngest daughter hurt her as she wouldn't see her everyday anymore as she's on the other side of the country doing her duties for her family and her Queen. Feeling someone's eyes on her she turned around in her seat only for her eyes to widened at the sight of Francis standing by the doorway with his arms behind his back, " Hello, Jade. You've been avoiding me"

"Uh-Huh, no I haven't. I don't know what you're talking about" Jade frantically shook her head causing Francis to raise his brows not believing a word she was saying before his eyes scanned around the room at the numerous of portraits scattered around the room making a look of awe and amazement to appear on his face, " you painted all of these?" He curiously questioned walking closer to get a better look at the painting.

Jade chuckled softly as she stood up as she slowly approached Francis, " you sound surprised. I painted this the day we arrived here" Francis hummed as he admired the painting of the castle before his eyes caught onto the portrait that Jade had just finished painting as it was slightly blurred and had bubbling paint stokes and could tell she had only just finished it as it was a women who looked a lot like Jade, " it's my mother"