Part 10 Aspis VS Aguante

Start from the beginning

The most disturbing part of the image for Aspis was the aspect the two shared. Their age. Both he and this monster were 15 years old. How on earth had such a short time molded a boy into this? Could the same have happened to Aspis himself? Was it in the process of happening even now? All thoughts best addressed at another time. For his opponent had left himself vulnerable.

Aspis created a shield bubble where Aguante sat, but the opponent read his actions, and left the seat before the bubble could fully form.

Still, Aguante hadn't quite moved fast enough, and a small section of the ball of his foot got stuck in the wall of the shield. Luckily for his opponent, Aspis couldn't form his shields through solid matter, but it still would wound Aguante if he tried to pull his foot out.

He pulled without hesitation.

A small amount of flesh tore from Aguante's foot, and he leaped out of the range of Aspis' second bubble. Aspis, running out of shield material, formed a flat wall in the direction of Aguante's movement to stop his advance. At the same time, he dismissed the first two bubbles, regaining several square meters of surface area.

Aguante ran head first into the wall, but kicked off of it and rebounded quickly enough that Aspis couldn't capitalize.

Aspis was going to have to change tact. To form a shield, he had to fully visualize it where he wanted it to form. Three dimensional shapes took longer than two dimensional ones for that reason. Aguante was fast enough to outpace spheres, but it seemed squares were a little bit more his speed. It was time to kick things up a notch.

Aspis formed a series of squares to section off several areas of the room. As Aguante ran through the maze in an attempt to reach his opponent, Aspis would change the layout. Slowly, but surely, Aspis was closing the box. Each time he formed a new maze, it was a little bit smaller than the previous. Each was also able to have fewer exits as a result.

Soon, Aguante would find himself stuck with no viable exits. Though, something was off. As time went on, Aguante was getting faster, and bigger.

---

The Thrill of Battle was surging through Aguante. Not since his time in the ring had he felt the surge this powerfully. He was basking in the glory of battle, and loving every minute of it.

His foe was powerful indeed, and smart as well. It was clear that he was trying to grapple. A good way to deal with a stronger opponent. Aguante couldn't break these shards of air. At least, not yet. So all his enemy had to do to win was to get a solid hold of him. For that reason, he had taken a very slippery fighting style.

Aguante may not have known much, but he wasn't stupid. Slowly, the net he had been caught in was closing. If things stayed the same, he would be caught soon. He had his own power, though.

Every time he took damage from a foe in battle, he would become more fierce. He didn't know exactly how it worked, nor did he care. He just knew that soon, he would grow too big to be held in a little ball. This was not a battle, but a race. The grey glass boy would have to close his trap before Aguante became too big for it, or else he'd be the one trapped.

---

As the fighter ran around in the maze, he grew larger and more monstrous. He grew claws, bone-like spikes began to jut out of his elbows and knees, armor plates formed over his head and torso, and his muscles became massive. If Aspis hadn't seen the transformation himself, he would never have believed that this was the same person he was fighting at the start of the battle.

The monster also wasn't growing any slower despite his massive size. Rather, he was becoming faster as a result. At one point, in a sudden burst of speed, Aguante actually managed to escape the confines of Aspis' maze and strike out at him. That forced Aspis to restart the entire process of netting his foe from the beginning.