♧ 8. Special ♧

Chay smells like safety and gentleness

Chay smells like safety and gentleness. That's the word—gentleness. Chay is so gentle with Kim when he doesn't have to be. Not at all. He could tell him to fuck off when Kim came to look for a job—whether Porsche is dating Kinn or not doesn't matter. He could tell him that he'll never be able to become a bouncer so why is he even trying? Instead, he decided to train Kim himself. He could kiss Kim and then push him away. Use him. Instead, Kim is for the first time enjoying a ride on a motorcycle through a night city, and Chay's body is so warm and protective against him, and he can't believe he is on a date, and his lips still burn with the taste of those lips which claimed his own for the first time today.

Chay turns the motorcycle left. They leave the proper road and continue driving on something much less kept. The tiny stones under the motorcycle's tyres are being thrown in many different directions cascading around them like rain droplets. Everything around them has become much darker. There are no longer lights of the city surrounding them. No cars, no other people. They are all alone and the city keeps getting further and further away from them with each passing second.

Kim presses himself closer to Chay. His arms hug Chay a little tighter. However, he has to keep reminding himself to be mindful of p'Chay's wound. Kim doesn't want to accidentally hurt his p'Chay. His...

"Uhm..." Kim nibbles on his bottom lip, curiously looking around. "Where are we going?"

"Why?" Chay chuckles. "Are you scared?"

"No," Kim shakes his head. "Just curious." He really isn't scared to be alone with Chay even in a dark place far away from the city where its only the two of them. He trusts p'Chay. He killed a man and p'Chay helped him in a way no one else would be able to. And the most importantly—p'Chay likes him.

Kim smiles and puts his head back on Chay's shoulder.

"We are almost there. I think you will like it," Chay says loudly to be heard over the roaring sound of the engine. He really hopes that Kim will like it. He wasn't planning to go on a date tonight. And he definitely wasn't planning that date to be with Kim. So, he had to improvise. The place he is taking Kim to is one of his favourites. It's a place not many people know about anymore, and that's what makes it special.

Kim deserves special.

Chay has this nagging voice in the back of his mind telling him that he might be in a dream. Not even because he feels probably the happiest he has ever felt on a date and they barely did anything yet, but because it all seems so smooth so easy. How probable it even is that Chay realizes he likes Kim and Kim actually likes him back? Chay's previous luck with his relationships is telling him—not that much.

But Kim does really like him back. Chay doesn't have to be a genius to know that Kim really likes him back and it is so adorable to see. Chay isn't a big fan of calling someone above the age of a toddler 'adorable' but Kim is truly adorable. There's no better way to put it. And it tugs on Chay's heart maybe more than it should. Chay just feels like he should protect Kim from this world, but especially from Kim's own evil thoughts. But more than that, Chay feels like he should do anything and everything he can to help Kim learn how to protect himself and how to chase those stupid thoughts away and keep them away for as long as it is possible.