Moving Forward

Astigma knew he had to get out of Snowdin fast. Sans would be on his tail, and he couldn't rely on Grillby to keep his location a secret. So, with his HP maxed out and his body warm once more, he headed straight for Waterfall, where Captain Undyne would no doubt be his worst adversary. It was her they had apparently fled from when he was a baby, so he knew for certain this was going to be a really difficult stealth mission that could become a slaughter at any given moment, if he was caught. Before Astigma knew it, he was passing the abandoned cabin, the mailboxes, doors, and windows completely destroyed from looters and punk little kids like himself. His father and uncle's names were still etched into the sides, telling Astigma that this is where they used to live. This was it, huh? The place he'd been born? He frowned softly at the once proud home before he turned away into the fog. The fog was dense, the hot of the next area mixing with the cold of Snowdin as he crossed the border into the dark and brutal terrain of Waterfall.

🩸🩸🩸

Astigma found it mesmerizing. Deadly, but mesmerizing. His father had told him that Waterfall was where the worst things happened because it was so vast, and there were a lot of places where dust could be hidden. The waters here were turbulent and would drown him if he even tried to swim in them (not that he ever had the chance, considering they'd been in hiding). Then, of course, Captain Undyne lived here. The most ruthless in the Guard, according to his dad. She would kill him in an instant and not ask questions. Astigma found himself ducking down around a sentry station. Another of his Uncle's, no doubt. He couldn't stay long. He just needed to strategise a way out of here without becoming a Kaibab or drowning. There were long patches of grass that he could hide in, but there were no guarantees that someone else was hiding in there... or that he would find something disturbing. He didn't have a choice, though. He'd be killed for sure, out in the open. So, Astigma took the gamble, and he dove for the nearest cover, ready to begin the game of cat and mouse. Well, human and Undyne, anyway.

🩸🩸🩸

Things were going well so far. He'd caught glimpses of his enemy and completely refused to look down, no matter what the feeling was, under boot. He kept his dad's attack at the ready, in case something else attacked him while he was slinking around. He didn't like crossing through the waters. They were could and threatened to knock him down and pull him under. On top of that, there was no cover to hide in, making him feel vulnerable as he crossed. The seed puzzles were worse. He needed both arms to carry a pod, making him defenseless as well. Luckily, someone who refused to go into Grillby's popped up. "You left me behind!" Flowey was a bit annoyed and a little hurt, but he was glad he found Astigma not dead. "Yeah, sorry. You did kinda leave me to fend for myself in there." Astigma pointed out as he added another pod into the water. "Mm... yeah, ok, fair. But! We should stick together from now on. Things will only get more dangerous from here..." Flowey grabbed another pod with his vines to help out. "Yeah, sure, so long as you don't leave me again." Astigma agreed.