First Obstacles

Sans knew instantly that Astigma was up to something when he came out with that mustard. It was a weakness the boy seemed to have picked up on. Sans tried to ignore the yummy looking bottle. He couldn't let Astigma win, or his ass was toast. "Hey, Uncle Sans. Do you ever miss going to Grillby's? That was your favorite place to eat, right?" Astigma tossed the bottle from one hand to the other, making Sans gulp. He tried to keep his focus on Astigma. "whatrya up to, kid..." Astigma tossed the bottle up again. "I'm just curious, Uncle Sans... it's not like I, a human, could ever go to Grillby's myself without them, you know, taking my soul - I wanna know what the food was like. The atmosphere. What was Grillby like?" Sans grumbled and caught the mustard as it was tossed up again. "grillby was a fuckin' asshole, but he was ma friend. he is well known for his spicy food, with a bit of spice in every condiment..." Astigma stopped listening in favor of fishing out his allowance and a coat. He took one of his dad's attacks from his room and set out to meet his destiny.

🩸🩸🩸

He was quickly met with his second obstacle (the first being his family). The door was huge, and it was heavy, but being reminded of why he was doing this... he gave the doors a determined glare. He wedged the attack into the door and started to push... but nothing happened. He tried again, throwing everything into it. The door creaked and cracked open a little. But it was not enough. One more time. He threw all his weight into it one more time. The door opened wide enough for him to barely slip through. Unfortunately, there was another set of doors. "Oh, for stars sake!" Astigma complained. Stay determined, stay determined. "Wowie, you must really have a death wish." Astigma gasped and turned to a... flower? With a face? "I wouldn't go any farther if I were you... I mean, surely your family warned you like a million times -" Astigma sighed and went back to the task at hand. "I will save the monsters and break the barrier." Astigma replied. "Oh man! You really do have a deathwish!" Suddenly, it was climbing on him. "What the fuc-" Vines wedged into the door and pulled it open. "You really think I'd let you do this alone?"

🩸🩸🩸

"I'm Flowey, by the way... Flowey the Flower." Astigma trudged on as the talking plant snuggled into his pocket. Astigma didn't particularly mind having a travel companion, so long as he was helpful to the cause. "Astigma." He replied shortly. It was cold out, just as Uncle Sans had described. "I, uh, kinda know already. I've been watching since you moved in... I never did like the Underground's motto... kill or be killed. Toriel has nearly killed me hundreds of times..." Flowey muttered. Astigma crossed a bridge, the bars of the gate too wide to stop him. "Huh... so you just stalked us from afar?" Astigma commented. Flowey laughed uneasily. "Sorry..." Astigma paid Flowey's apology no mind as he went around and into a sentry station. It was filled with bottles of spicy mustard. "This was Sans station when they lived out here." Shit- Astigma started running. "We have to get far from their stations, or they'll find me -" Astigma ran past a second station, then a third. Something lunged out and grabbed him by the back of his jacket with a snarl. Doggo blocks the way!