Keith Snyder

(Clares pov:)

After thinking about it all day, i decided to head to Chris's place after some heavy consideration. I was still deciding if I should tell him. I know I should, but I can solve this on my own, I've done it before! But... I have a bad feeling about this. I shake my head, finally making up my mind. I won't tell him, though I do wish I to visit him. I'm sure I can solve this on my own.

I open the door to see my brother, of course. After all this is his place. But besided him was a man i haven't seen before. He had spiked hair, a lot like chris used to have when he was younger, no shirt, some strange looking tribal tattoos on his right arm, black pants with a heavy amount of knee padding Who was this guy?

As I walked inside, my brother greeted me.
"Claire! What are you doing here?"

I realize I was just silently glaring at the unfamiliar man as I stood in the doorway awkwardly.

"Uhm..."
I look down at the file in my hands and put it behind me.

"I.... Just wanted to visit!"

"Of course, you're welcome to anytime"
Chis looked at me in the eyes and gestured to the man, making it know that he noticed my judgemently staring.

"This is an old friend of mine, he move here recently and thought it'd be the perfect way to reconnect!"
He said it's a proud smile on his face. I nod, still staring at him. He began to move forward towards be and extended his hand.

"Mehnames Keith!"
I was taken aback because of how odd his voice was. It didn't match how he looked in the slightest, and in all, it just sounded... retarted! I hesitated before I extended my hand to shake his

"... Claire"
I said quietly, still looking him up and down, wondering why he was dressed the way he was. It's 2013. Who dresses like that anymore? Chirs peers from behind Keith.

"C'mon Claire.."
Chris sighs. I clear my throat.

"My name is Claire redfield"
I declare looking at Keith directly in the eyes. Chris smiles.

"There you go!"
I roll my eyes. Keith walks back to Chris, leaning against the table. I decide to make myself comfortable, so I go on the opposite side of my brother and toss the files on the table. Chris leans over to me.

"If it helps he's dating Jill's sister"
He mumbles to me.

"I barely know Jill outside of her being your partner!"
I mutter back. Chris turns to the table as he continues his conversation with Keith. As the conversation fell silent, he taped the logo stamped on the file.

"That's a weird logo for a company, isn't it?"
I jump as I relive the file I don't want him to get involved with. I jolt to swipe the file away from his grasp.

"YEP! Suuurree is..."
I say nervously. Holding the file close to my chest. Keith leaned forward and narrowed his eyes, looking at the stamp.

"Hey... that looks kinda famili-"
"NO IT ISN'T!"
I blurt out as I turn the file around, the stamp facing my torso. They both stare at me like I am insane but I need to do this by myself. I want to do it for Steve.

Hours passed, and we continued to talk about life, getting to meet Keith in general. After an hour or two of staying to chat with my brother and Keith, the time came for me to leave. As I said my goodbyes to my brother and his friend, I walked out the door, but oddly, Keith followed. As I continued to try to walk away faster, I felt him grab my shoulder. I swing around to face him.

"What!?"
He flinched as I yelled at him.

"Calm down... but that logo... I know where it's from, and trust me, you do not want anything to do with it."

I stood there confused as he spoke.
"What are you on about?"

He sighed and pulled out a very beaten up marker. He grabbed my hand and wrote what seemed to be his phone number on it.

"Call me. I'll tell you more when I have time, whatever is in that file you have no business dealing with...at least not by yourself."

And just like that, he nodded and then walked away. I was still indescribably confused, but I really didn't want to be around him any longer than I needed to. I also really wanted to do this by myself, but his words made me think about it for a minute. I still don't like where this is going.