remember me

t's been ages since that incident at Rockfort. About 5 years, but still though, Claire hasn't been able to move on, strangely. Usually, she moves on from stuff pretty quickly. She does with all her missions, but not this time. But it wasn't the zombies or the monsters or the Ashford's she couldn't get out of her mind. It was that boy, Steve. Steve Burnside. That annoying kid that died all those years ago. Claire hated him. His awkwardness, his hair, the way he nonstop flirted with her, how freaking childish he was for his age. He was such a dork. Why would she ever love him? Or at least that's what she wanted everyone and herself to think.

She told herself that every time she thought about him every day, every time. But deep down, she knew she loved him, and the more time passed, the more she missed him. That moment when Wesker teased her with his corpse that day. Teasing her about how there's a possibility he'll still be alive, it played in her head on repeat. but that was just to hurt her. He's not coming back, and no matter how much she tried to ignore it.
When he was dying in her arms, telling her that he loved her, she wishes should could've had a few more minutes with him so she could at least say it back, but then she reminds herself that she hates him and she can't possibly miss him, she can't possibly love him. He's annoying. He's a wannabe. He's been dead for 5 years. There is no way she could be thinking such things. No way does she cry at night about him. no way she wishing she could be in a relationship with Steve. no way does she vent to her peers about it every time she drinks. Any thoughts of the past lingering in her mind? Unlikely, Not Claire Redfield, no.

This morning was like any other. Wake up, check phone, and make coffee. But this time, she noticed a file under her door. It was odd and honestly scary, but she ended up picking it up and looking inside. There was a photo and a folded piece of paper. She picked up the paper and gently unfolded it. It looked like... a location? very strange... Who would send her something like this? Now time for the photo, It was a Polaroid photo with a strange quote on the back

"Come find me."

She stares at it for a few minutes. Re-reading it and taking it in, wondering what it could mean. Then, she flipped the photo to see what exactly it was about. It was a body in a vat of green... something? She looked even harder at the photo to see the body's. After staring at the photo for what seemed like years, she slowly realized something...

... "Steve?"