Second Best - Sam

Not dating!!

fluff + and a little angst

A/N: Also guys I know Bobby isn't supposed to exist during the bunker era but I like to pretend he always exists so that's why he is always mentioned even though a lot of my oneshots include the bunker :)

Sam's pov:

Nobody was awake yet. I mean it was only 7:00 and it was our day off, so I can't blame them. I've always been an early riser, but Y/n and Dean, not so much. I set up a cup with a spoon in it on the counter for Y/n when she does wake up. It's not much, but it makes me smile, watching her walk into the kitchen with the cup waiting for her, or maybe I'm the one waiting for her. She always grins seeing it.

I smiled softly when I saw her walk through the archway and into the bunkers kitchen. She looked exhausted, "Late night?" I asked. "Mhm, I was doing some research on our next case," she said plainly, her eyes heavy from sleepiness. I looked to her, confused.

"Case? I didn't realize we had another case," I said as she poured boiled water into her mug. "Oh yeah, sorry I forgot to tell you and Dean. Bobby called me last night about some murders he thought could be up our alley," she came and sat next to me. At the table, the four of us all had our assigned y/n's was next to mine, lucky me, I guess.

"Oh, alright, are we leaving today?" she nodded, finally taking a sip of the coffee she had just made. A look of relief washed over her, I studied her features for a moment. Up close, you could see her e/c eyes, to anybody else they would be deemed as boring. To me, though, they were windows into what she was feeling. She liked to hide how she was feeling, I like to think I can see through it.

"I figured when Dean wakes up, we can leave around then. He'll need some time to get ready, but knowing him, he'll be done quickly." Her morning voice was slowly disappearing now that she's been up for a little while.

"Morning," Dean announced shortly. "Hey Dean, there's a case I think we should check out today," Y/n chimed in. "And my day off is out the window!" Dean said sarcastically, and me and Y/n both rolled our eyes. "Yeah, yeah, too bad." She teased. Y/n always seemed to tease Dean, I don't know if it's because she likes him or if it's because she knows he likes her. Either way, it made me feel sick.

"Whatever, come on, go get your stuff, we'll leave in a half hour," Dean smiled at her, "Okay!" she seemed proud to have found her own case. I know she sometimes feels like a tag along because Dean and I have hunted longer than her. So, when she does feel like she contributed, she always feels proud.

"She's happy this morning," Dean said, sitting across from me. "Yeah, she's happy about finding a case, I think," I responded without looking up from my computer. I could feel Dean eyeing me with suspicion. It's not like I want to resent my brother. It's just that I have never been the first choice. I'd never admit it, but it made me jealous. Jealous of the fact that every one of our friends, family members, and even Y/n would choose him over me when it came down to it. I don't blame them, between the demon blood and that I am destined to be the vessel for the fucking devil. I wouldn't choose or trust me either.

In the car I sat in the passenger seat, Dean was driving, and Y/n was in the backseat just like always. We left later than we had intended because Dean couldn't find his keys and was having a tantrum about, of course y/n was there to comfort him, she was practically fawning over him the entire time.

'How much longer," I heard her complain from the backseat. "A good few hours, probably six." Dean responded. His voice was tired and the sun was setting. I was really pretty to be honest, all the different colors throughout the sky. Dean started to pull over, "What are you doing?" I turned to him. "I can't drive, I'm to tired. You okay to drive while I get a little shut eye?" Dean letting me drive his car? I'd never heard of it. "Yeah sure.." "Y/n get out, you take the passenger seat so I can sleep." She rolled her eyes and then got out of the car.